Golf Thread

Why do the media love Rory M so much? He hasn’t won a major tournament for almost 10 years now yet they go on about him like he is Tiger Woods. There are a few other sportsmen who get similar media darling treatment too. Joshua, Rashford. I don’t get it.
He seems to draw big crowds. I don't think we'll see anyone dominate the game for some time. Koepka looked pretty compelling 2018/19 but going just by his demeanor and the interviews, he doesn't seem all that bothered.

Right now the leaderboard does look a bit underwhelming.

Why do the media love Rory M so much? He hasn’t won a major tournament for almost 10 years now yet they go on about him like he is Tiger Woods. There are a few other sportsmen who get similar media darling treatment too. Joshua, Rashford. I don’t get it.
He’s a rag..

Played the New Course years ago with a local resident who paid peanuts for his golf. He preferred it to the Old Course.
It's a cracker I played the Jubilee a couple of days later and was a bit off my game, the bunkers were penal. Seemed to be right up the face of most of them.

Fantastic player who wins big tournaments on a regular basis. IMO the majors don't define how good a player is, although Rory has 4 I think, which is up there. The standard is so high now with many different winners.

It's a cracker I played the Jubilee a couple of days later and was a bit off my game, the bunkers were penal. Seemed to be right up the face of most of them.
I loved the Jubilee it was more suited to my game at the time I played it. I liked Scotscraig north of St. Andrews near the river Tay and also Pitlochry with wonderful views.

McIlroy isn't as good as Woods but no one else is, but he's as good as anyone else since Woods and better than most.

I loved the Jubilee it was more suited to my game at the time I played it. I liked Scotscraig north of St. Andrews near the river Tay and also Pitlochry with wonderful views.
I've played the Jubilee three times over the years had one good round, one indifferent and one beaten up by wind.
Pitlochry has great views long time since I played it though
When I played Scotscraig the pace of play was so slow and Id just slipped a disc in my neck so it's probably clouded my memory.
Ladybank in that area is pretty good.

I've played the Jubilee three times over the years had one good round, one indifferent and one beaten up by wind.
Pitlochry has great views long time since I played it though
When I played Scotscraig the pace of play was so slow and Id just slipped a disc in my neck so it's probably clouded my memory.
Ladybank in that area is pretty good.
I have played two of the Open courses Turnberry and Carnoustie, hell of a battle to get round in a half decent score.

I have played two of the Open courses Turnberry and Carnoustie, hell of a battle to get round in a half decent score.
Well done, I've played Carnoustie and Portrush of the current venues and a few of the older ones.
Don't really think my golf is of a standard to do them justice but love the courses and most links courses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.