Golf Thread

Anyone watching the Players Championship? Craziest course set up i think i've seen, those greens will be dust by end of play tomorrow

They're digging all 18 of them up on Monday and relaying them so they're not too concerned with them past Sunday evening.

They're digging all 18 of them up on Monday and relaying them so they're not too concerned with them past Sunday evening.
Fair enough, good to see them struggle though, Russel Knox just had a 9 on the par 3 17th wtf

Paddy Power had a great offer in there shops for the Players Championships. The offer was 5/2 for either Jason Day , Rory McIlroy , Jordan Speith and Ricky Fowler to win the players championship so you had the top 4 players to go for the win. Good value bet. With Day leading by a few hopefully I be collecting tomorrow morning.

Stephan Jaeger shot a 12-under-par 58 on the PGA Tour's secondary Web.com Tour to record the lowest score ever on either of the main US-based circuits. 12 birdies and 6 pars. AND, he could possibly have shot a 56 (he three putted on a par 5).Apparently, the 58 has only been done once before, in Japan 6 years ago.

Gonna be a great couple of hours in this tournament now. I fancy Stenson from here.

Gutted because I had Casey EW at 125/1. He's in tied 6th at the moment but unlikely that he stays there.

Gonna be a great couple of hours in this tournament now. I fancy Stenson from here.

Gutted because I had Casey EW at 125/1. He's in tied 6th at the moment but unlikely that he stays there.
That was an incredible final round from Stenson and Mickelson. Not quite on the same level, but I really enjoyed the Justin Rose v Sergio final round at the Masters as well. As much as I respected Tiger's brilliance, I always viewed him as a sort of 70s - 80s Liverpool, or 90s - 2000s United - just too dominant for my liking. I pretty much stopped watching for several years and didn't play very often, but I'm really enjoying watching again (and playing). Also enjoying listening to my old favorite David Duval on the Golf Channel - always seemed like a nice guy, and he's a great pundit. I think he was one of only two American pro-golfers who ever "came out" as non-Republicans!

Not understanding the handicap system, I'd be in the dark here. But I'm assuming a handicap of 1.4 is pretty decent. It must be if it's the benchmark to allow you to enter qualifying for a major. So, what the hell happened to this guy;
http://www.bbc.com/sport/golf/39892101

55 over par. Ouch. Fair play to the guy, though,for completing the round. He can't that shabby if he was of a sufficient standard to even, er, qualify for qualifying.

Not understanding the handicap system, I'd be in the dark here. But I'm assuming a handicap of 1.4 is pretty decent. It must be if it's the benchmark to allow you to enter qualifying for a major. So, what the hell happened to this guy;
http://www.bbc.com/sport/golf/39892101

55 over par. Ouch. Fair play to the guy, though,for completing the round. He can't that shabby if he was of a sufficient standard to even, er, qualify for qualifying.

He must have got a severe case of the shanks. Either that or he forged his handicap certificate which I reckon is the more likely scenario. Someone off 1.4 couldn't possibly have had that bad a day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.