Good Article in the Independent

BlueDune said:
Some similar stuff from my post in a previous thread about 2 camps of players forming...

Camp 1) Those who want to win, can't stand just killing time and picking up the cash. Know that success in football will only come from hard work on the training ground and that the necessary levels of fitness will only come from looking after their bodies with rest and nutrition.

Camp 2) Those who are happy getting a point against mid-table teams, the odd glory win and "these things balance themselves out over the season (let's blame the ref)" defeats against teams that we should be thumping 9 times out of 10. Happy with a couple of hours running around Carrington with their mates having a kick-about and a great "banter with the lads" before nipping down the pub / golf / snooker / shopping / Racing Channel / etc.

Camp 1 - you are the future. City will add more players like you and you know that will mean you will all get better as individual players so you are happy.

Camp 2 - your time is up. You have had 6 months to show that you want and need to be in Camp 1 and have been found wanting. You can put stories around that you don't like the training, the coaching staff and anything else. It will not save you now. If some other team is mug enough to take you on you can join others like you at "sleeping giant" clubs who will never wake. You can join one of the "great mate" managers who would "love to have you in his team" is great with "the lads" joins in with "the dressing room banter" and is "sweet" with his boozing buddies from the rag-top media.

Camp 1 - Rob, SWP, Zab, Vinny, Ireland. Would like to think Petrov and the Boj are there as well.

Camp 2 - Too many to mention. Sorry to say that the heart of our defence is there.

Bring in about 5 new players in Jan. Ship out the timewasters in June and bring in the next generation for next season.

Seems like this is happening though managing the transition was never going to be easy.

Doesn't need to have been Hughes leaked to the press. I could have written that from all the "insight" and anti Hughes campaigning on this site for the last month.

The article lets it's self down when he states we need a right back because Javier is a busted flush since the Chelsea game last year.

FFS he's a left back and actualy playing his best stuff atm.

Sloppy stuff.

1961RICH said:
Seems like this is happening though managing the transition was never going to be easy.

Doesn't need to have been Hughes leaked to the press. I could have written that from all the "insight" and anti Hughes campaigning on this site for the last month.

Agreed. Hughes...get rid of them, all of them in one swoop...only a handful of them really. There'll be much wailing and gnashing off teeth on here and everywhere else, but let that spur you on.

gman07 said:
BlueDune said:
Some similar stuff from my post in a previous thread about 2 camps of players forming...

Camp 1) Those who want to win, can't stand just killing time and picking up the cash. Know that success in football will only come from hard work on the training ground and that the necessary levels of fitness will only come from looking after their bodies with rest and nutrition.

Camp 2) Those who are happy getting a point against mid-table teams, the odd glory win and "these things balance themselves out over the season (let's blame the ref)" defeats against teams that we should be thumping 9 times out of 10. Happy with a couple of hours running around Carrington with their mates having a kick-about and a great "banter with the lads" before nipping down the pub / golf / snooker / shopping / Racing Channel / etc.

Camp 1 - you are the future. City will add more players like you and you know that will mean you will all get better as individual players so you are happy.

Camp 2 - your time is up. You have had 6 months to show that you want and need to be in Camp 1 and have been found wanting. You can put stories around that you don't like the training, the coaching staff and anything else. It will not save you now. If some other team is mug enough to take you on you can join others like you at "sleeping giant" clubs who will never wake. You can join one of the "great mate" managers who would "love to have you in his team" is great with "the lads" joins in with "the dressing room banter" and is "sweet" with his boozing buddies from the rag-top media.

Camp 1 - Rob, SWP, Zab, Vinny, Ireland. Would like to think Petrov and the Boj are there as well.

Camp 2 - Too many to mention. Sorry to say that the heart of our defence is there.

Bring in about 5 new players in Jan. Ship out the timewasters in June and bring in the next generation for next season.
in one way this is an easy solution... easy mindtrap to fall in... keep those that like training get rid of the rest... on the other hand there are lots of experienced players that has performed on high level before Hughes that is in the get rid camp according to that mindtrap... i just dont buy that... they still have the same talent as before, they are just not motivated by Hughes so they get inspired to do the right thing... this leaking and naming in the press is a terrible way of handling our squad... there just is no excuse for doing that... terrible way... get me well pissed off... if Hughes and his coaches cant handle our squad that was at the same time last year 4th in the league and with added players... then there is just one way for them to go and that is take the hike back to Bburn... i have said earlier that i would like to give Hughes up til Forrest game to make a change but the more that comes out the more pissed i get with how things are working...

FFS get us a new managers and new coaches in that know how to handle players!!!

So they aren't motivated by Hughes and presumably judging by their performances not by wages or love of the club so why not let them go and find out where they will get motivated, and "can do the right thing"
I agree with gman.

moomba said:
Wooderbeen said:
I'm unconvinced by this idea that the manager should be handling the players with kid gloves; mollycoddling them like they are toddlers. These are grown men, paid an immense amount of money to train and perform. If they're not doing that to the best of their ability then the manager has every right to reprimand them (in whatever way he sees fit) and, as a paying supporter, I'm fully behind that.

I understand the man-management argument where Hughes is concerned and some of them certainly don't want to seem to play for him judging off recent performances, but should we not be laying a little more blame at the players feet, seeing as they're the ones on the pitch meant to be doing it.

No problem with that, but surely the place to do that is in his office or on the training ground, not by dropping tales in the press.

Maybe he should fine himself for talking to the press?

Or just stop being a hypocrite because he doesn't like what the players say...

I think it's a very good article, yes things are being leaked out of school, but can you argue with them?

Richards has gone backwards, not half the player he was under Pearce never mind Sven, Hughes hasn't got a chance at this club, with all the anti-rag brigade spouting off.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, I have no issue with that, but a couple of things which frustrate me.

1) I believe that a couple of fanzines/forums are drumming up support of singing Sven's name at tomorrow's game, what is the point? It's gone we now have Hughes as our manager, he has to be given time surely, there is obviously a virus of deadwood running through the squad and he is struggling to deal with it, I think Robinho's comments alluded to that earlier in the week.

2) If we keep acting like a bunch of numb-nuts towards our manager, will the new owners think what the hell are they doing owning a club like ours. We have never been in a better position financially, yes the performances are not good enough, Cook, Hughes, Robinho et al have acknowledged this. We are the luckiest fans in the world, we have a bottomless pot of money to play with, if Hughes is not the answer then that will show in time, but they represent the club all of them, the club we have all supported since birth, through thin and thin, now it is time to unite, not split over a manager who hasn't had time to build a squad of his own yet.

I know Hughes has made some mind numbing decisions square pegs in round holes, if we build this negativity towards the team and club then it could all come crashing down around our ears.

Would you like to be back playing Crewe? Yes he's had chances and he probably knows he is on his last rights, but support the club.

It is an excellent article and confirms what many of us have suspected that Hughes is presiding over a divided dressing room parts of which he has lost. But this tactic of leaking all to the papers is shocking as it will only deepen the division and in no way helps our cause. I was unhappy with Elano bleating to the press and unhappy with Robinho as well. Equally I am unhappy with this story because it clearly is designed to put Hughes case in the public domain and I have no time for that then I did for Elano.

These matters have and should be resolved behind closed doors. How it is resolved seems to involve either selling 80% of the squad or getting rid of the management team. ADUG need to do one or the other and fast because we will implode if this sort of shit continues. ADUG also need to make up their minds as to what they want. If they want Blackburn then back Hughes and bring in hard working players and we can aim for 6th spot and the odd cup success. If they want Chelsea then sack Hughes and his team and bring in a manager that can motivate the quality players that need to be purchased.

Enough is enough.

Neil McNab's Tash said:
I think it's a very good article, yes things are being leaked out of school, but can you argue with them?

Richards has gone backwards, not half the player he was under Pearce never mind Sven, Hughes hasn't got a chance at this club, with all the anti-rag brigade spouting off.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, I have no issue with that, but a couple of things which frustrate me.

1) I believe that a couple of fanzines/forums are drumming up support of singing Sven's name at tomorrow's game, what is the point? It's gone we now have Hughes as our manager, he has to be given time surely, there is obviously a virus of deadwood running through the squad and he is struggling to deal with it, I think Robinho's comments alluded to that earlier in the week.

2) If we keep acting like a bunch of numb-nuts towards our manager, will the new owners think what the hell are they doing owning a club like ours. We have never been in a better position financially, yes the performances are not good enough, Cook, Hughes, Robinho et al have acknowledged this. We are the luckiest fans in the world, we have a bottomless pot of money to play with, if Hughes is not the answer then that will show in time, but they represent the club all of them, the club we have all supported since birth, through thin and thin, now it is time to unite, not split over a manager who hasn't had time to build a squad of his own yet.

I know Hughes has made some mind numbing decisions square pegs in round holes, if we build this negativity towards the team and club then it could all come crashing down around our ears.

Good Post. Sad if 1) happens.

Maybe a lot of fans will be happier if ADUG just sell up.

Would you like to be back playing Crewe? Yes he's had chances and he probably knows he is on his last rights, but support the club.

Well theres plenty of fuel there for both sides of the fence. On one hand it can be seen that he has lost the dressing room.

On the other it shows we have a group of petulant professionals who are intentionally undermining the manager because they cant deal with his methods.

I believe the later to be closer to the truth. I want Hughes to succeed. Who can say they haven't been impressed with his signings?

They are the only ones looking up for the fight. I would rather have players with that attitude at the club, hughes or no hughes. If Hughes is sacked I hope the slackers are shipped out as well.

Even his own signings being crap isn't his fault it would appear...
Some of Hughes' frustrations are more questionable than others. He believes, for example, that he was given poor advice at City about the merits of the central defender Tel Ben Haim, though precisely who is to blame remains unclear; the Israeli was his own purchase.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.