Good Article in the Independent

Well I have to say that I'm chuft that the article in question has raised debate on the board. Some very interesting points made for and against Hughes.

I'm neither pro Hughes or anti Hughes, I'm pro City and would like to see what's best for the club. I would like to see him given a bit more time, all of his signings have produced the goods, so it will be interesting to see if he can buy in a left back the quality of Zebalta. Another midfielder the quality of Kompany and a forward to improve on what we have. Admittedly that won't be hard to find a forward better than what we have, even RSC is a huge improvement in my opinion.

Obviously if Jose became available then I'd pack Hughes bag for him, but we have to be realistic, what top manager is gonna come flying through the gates of Eastlands?

I for one don't care that he's ex 'them', we have to look at the bigger picture and ask if he's the best man we can have at the moment. He may have to be given a season, like the tinker man at Chelsea. I will judge Hughes in my own mind by his quality of buys in Jan and how they perform for him.

Citysmith said:
Well I have to say that I'm chuft that the article in question has raised debate on the board. Some very interesting points made for and against Hughes.

I'm neither pro Hughes or anti Hughes, I'm pro City and would like to see what's best for the club. I would like to see him given a bit more time, all of his signings have produced the goods, so it will be interesting to see if he can buy in a left back the quality of Zebalta. Another midfielder the quality of Kompany and a forward to improve on what we have. Admittedly that won't be hard to find a forward better than what we have, even RSC is a huge improvement in my opinion.

Obviously if Jose became available then I'd pack Hughes bag for him, but we have to be realistic, what top manager is gonna come flying through the gates of Eastlands?

I for one don't care that he's ex 'them', we have to look at the bigger picture and ask if he's the best man we can have at the moment. He may have to be given a season, like the tinker man at Chelsea. I will judge Hughes in my own mind by his quality of buys in Jan and how they perform for him.

Great well thought out post, shame we don't have more.

Citysmith said:

Hear hear. Best post on here in a while

Citysmith said:

Good post. I do hope that whoever Hughes brings in is willing to die for the cause though, this team is going to have to make a massive impact in the second half of the season to ensure the man still has his job at the start of next Summer.

moomba said:
leewill31 said:
i said that and i dont actuly think you got the point of my post,so your saying being in the top 4 is not good enough???what hughes did with blackburn given time can do the same with us,as in build us up into a top 4 outfit like he built up blackburn to be a top 10 outfit as far as he could with limted resources

Becoming a consistent 4-6 club in time isn't good enough for us, and while I'm sure he could build us into that sort of club it will take another huge transition to take us any further.

I'd settle for 4-6 for the next couple of seasons right now thanks

Blumers Bloomers said:
moomba said:
Becoming a consistent 4-6 club in time isn't good enough for us, and while I'm sure he could build us into that sort of club it will take another huge transition to take us any further.

Challenging for 4th spot has to be the absolute minimum we achieve in the next two years, the reason being is champions league football is the best way to get the top players.

Blumers Bloomers said:

So would I, but if the owners are going to do what we all hope they do, that can't be the limit of our ambition. It's hard on Hughes but 4-6 "in time" just isn't good enough.

chesterguy said:
There seem to be alot of people who think they know the inner workings of the club the way they pontificate on here.

I would say 99.99% of us have not a clue what the relationship between Hughes and the players are but we seem to take it as fact that there is a "war" going on. Unless someone can substantiate these rummours why dont people wind their necks in and stop regurgitating rumours that they have either read on here or heard in the pub.

Now is the time for us all to get behind the TEAM and cheer thme on the atmosphere at the CoMS was awful last game and we need to be the 12th man and Xmas will be hugely important to us in where we finish this season.
Great post and something I've been thinking about a fair bit recently. It makes laugh how 'informed' some people think they are on here. They manipulate and construe newspaper reports for their own agendas. The pro-Hughes camp criticise Elano for not keeping internal gripes out of the press, but then praise Hughes when he goes to the press and criticises his players right before a crucial game. The Hughes Boo Boys love to go on about Hughes losing the dressing room, but then shy away when the likes of SWP come out in support of the manager (and some refuse to lay the blame at the feet of the players - which I will NEVER understand).

I don't know what the hell goes on in the dressing room and I don't claim to. What I do know is that performances this season haven't been good enough. Now Hughes must accept part of the blame, as must the team.

All that said, Hughes is still the manager of my football club and he will get my full support until either he is sacked or until such a time as HIS team show clear signs of making zero progress (and I don't mean the team he inherited from Eriksson).

And a quick point on Hamann, like him or loath him, it is clear to all that he simply doesn't have the legs anymore. This was one season too far for him and I believe he shouldn't be anywhere near our team.

Wooderbeen said:
All that said, Hughes is still the manager of my football club and he will get my full support until either he is sacked or until such a time as HIS team show clear signs of making zero progress (and I don't mean the team he inherited from Eriksson).

Do you not think that an ability to coach, motivate and get the best out of players already at the club is an essential skill our manager should have?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.