Goodbye Mario? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DiscoSteve said:
well I for one will miss him - he was part of the City story over the last couple of years, get us on the back pages of the tabloids endlessly, played the one two with Aguero for THE goal and undoubtable was a big part in us beating the rags 6-1 at the Swamp.

Farewell and good luck in Milan!

I will miss him too, nice lad but if his hearts not here then good luck and thankyou for the entertainment

dom said:
coulsonblue said:
RE: He did more harm than good. Or the idiot on talksport who said he has held us back.

Bollocks.

Go and watch Sunderland at home last season
Go and watch Spurs at home last season
Go and watch QPR at home last season
Go and watch United away last season
Go and watch FA Cup Semi 2011
Go and watch FA Cup Final 2011

His contributions may have been few, and never often, but he did make contributions.

This

he has provided some magic moments both on the field (e.g.the goals v scum)

and off

(e.g. giving away money... hospital visits etc)

he's also driven me barmy at times

e.g. the Kiev kung foo
the lazy sulky attitude all too aften

My lad came in from training tonight and used the phrase 'bitter-sweet' about Balo leaving.. can't fault that...
This doesn't make sense as an argument against anyone saying that he "held us back"

We spent £24m on a striker who did make important contributions at certain times during the season, which when looked at in hindsight may point to him being regarded as 'crucial' to us winning the league.

However, £24m can also buy you a striker who scores 25 goals, scoring his bread and butter goals at Swansea, Sunderland, West Brom etc, and with winners in those games, we win the league at a canter.

Personally, i'd expect much more from a striker of that value (unless he was English), and entertainment value aside, i'm glad to see the back of him.

The United game summed him up for me. Had an opportunity to prove Mancini right, and he basically just fucked about for the best part of an hour.

i'm surprised the "Goodbye Roberto, Hello Jose!"conspiracy threat hasn't started, pointing out that Mancini was being replaced by Mourinho in the summer, 'cos of Mancini's failures in the Champions League and a stipulation of Mourniho agreeing to sign was that Mario wasnt at the club.

Alas ... its bound to start now ....

Tancredi Palmeri just said the Juve interest was manufactured by Raiola and his friend Nedved at Juventus to get Milan to agree to pay the bonuses. I knew it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.