google / mozilla and bluemoon mystery

rossie

since the upgrade work on bluemoon ,i have not been able to get on using google, my usual source, i tried the cookies thing but didnt work, i had to download mozilla firefox and now i have to use that to log on to bm, why is this, anyone any ideas about this and how i can go back to using google

Do you mean google chrome ? or do you mean google search engine ?

If the former it might be to do with how google chrome caches websites, and it might need clearing, but I don't know how because I don't use it. I'd suggest you open firefox, and chrome, delete your old chrome bookmark, and then copy the firefox url from the address bar, and paste it into the chrome address bar, then bookmark it again, you will probably need to login again in chrome.

If the latter using your google search history, its probably still looking at the old web address, not much we can do about that, but its better to use the bookmark method above to access the site anyway.

cleavers said:
Do you mean google chrome ? or do you mean google search engine ?

If the former it might be to do with how google chrome caches websites, and it might need clearing, but I don't know how because I don't use it. I'd suggest you open firefox, and chrome, delete your old chrome bookmark, and then copy the firefox url from the address bar, and paste it into the chrome address bar, then bookmark it again, you will probably need to login again in chrome.

If the latter using your google search history, its probably still looking at the old web address, not much we can do about that, but its better to use the bookmark method above to access the site anyway.
i will try this , thanks very much cleavers

Hi,
same issue here ... i'm unable to use google chrome to login to bluemoon and i have even tried removing cache, clearing cookies and also removing the bookmark ... yet the issue exists since the update ... am not a regular poster but would like to post once in a while :)

please PM me if you have a solution, as i might forget to chk this thread ;)

You need to delete your cookies (N.B. make sure "Preserve Favourites Website Data" is unchecked) and flush your DNS cache, as mentioned here:

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=200991" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=200991</a>

Any problems just give me a shout.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.