Graham Poll U-Turn

Dubai Blue

I see that snivelling little c*nt Graham Poll has changed his tune from yesterday and is now fully backing Atkinson's dodgy time-keeping:
There were three goals and three substitutions in the second half at Old Trafford, which means that a minimum of three minutes had to be added, plus a minute due to other causes, hence the four minutes which were indicated.

Then, in stoppage time, there was another goal and a substitution, meaning that at least one more minute had to be added, with a fan running on to the pitch taking up further seconds.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1215132/GRAHAM-POLL-Well-ref-timed-just-right.html#ixzz0RoiegjRz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0RoiegjRz</a>
Is it really any wonder that the game is held up to be corrupt when the authorities can justify blatant cheating by officials with such pathetic vagaries as "plus a minute due to other causes"?????

What "other causes" exactly? Come on, tell us.

Earlier in the same article, he says:
There is no need to add time on whenever the ball goes out of play for throw-ins, goal kicks or free-kicks, as they are viewed as natural stoppages.
So that basically leaves time-wasting and injuries then. Well there certainly wasn't ANY time-wasting in that game (why would there be?) and the game wasn't stopped at all for any injuries. So, again I ask, what exactly were these mythical "other causes"?

And why exactly are 30 seconds being added for each substitution? If the substitution takes 5 seconds, 5 seconds should be added. If it takes 40 seconds, 40 seconds should be added. Where does the arbitrary 30-second nonsense come from?

I'm amazed that football leaves itself open to such innuendo and ridicule when any doubts could easily be dispelled by having a central time-keeper whose clock is clearly on display in the stadium. Start it on 45 minutes and stop it for goal celebrations, substitutions and injuries. And the very second the 45 minutes is up, the game stops. Simple.

Dubai Blue said:
I see that snivelling little c*nt Graham Poll has changed his tune from yesterday and is now fully backing Atkinson's dodgy time-keeping:
There were three goals and three substitutions in the second half at Old Trafford, which means that a minimum of three minutes had to be added, plus a minute due to other causes, hence the four minutes which were indicated.

Then, in stoppage time, there was another goal and a substitution, meaning that at least one more minute had to be added, with a fan running on to the pitch taking up further seconds.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1215132/GRAHAM-POLL-Well-ref-timed-just-right.html#ixzz0RoiegjRz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0RoiegjRz</a>
Is it really any wonder that the game is held up to be corrupt when the authorities can justify blatant cheating by officials with such pathetic vagaries as "plus a minute due to other causes"?????

What "other causes" exactly? Come on, tell us.

Earlier in the same article, he says:
There is no need to add time on whenever the ball goes out of play for throw-ins, goal kicks or free-kicks, as they are viewed as natural stoppages.
So that basically leaves time-wasting and injuries then. Well there certainly wasn't ANY time-wasting in that game (why would there be?) and the game wasn't stopped at all for any injuries. So, again I ask, what exactly were these mythical "other causes"?

And why exactly are 30 seconds being added for each substitution? If the substitution takes 5 seconds, 5 seconds should be added. If it takes 40 seconds, 40 seconds should be added. Where does the arbitrary 30-second nonsense come from?

I'm amazed that football leaves itself open to such innuendo and ridicule when any doubts could easily be dispelled by having a central time-keeper whose clock is clearly on display in the stadium. Start it on 45 minutes and stop it for goal celebrations, substitutions and injuries. And the very second the 45 minutes is up, the game stops. Simple.

he hasn't seen the Guardian article yet, he'll be back

They can justify the time. They can show that it is in the rules.
They can state it is a minimum of 4 minutes.
They can say that say it is at the refs discretion.

What they can't say for a fraction of a f*cking second is that it is fair and even and it is consistently applied.
The rags get such things in their favour week in week f*cking out.
It is purely because they are moaning tw*ts. They are in the refs face from the start, in the dressing room and bacon face has got them scared stiff.

I f8cking hate the weak cowardly bastards to a man.
lats week it was Atkinson that was a coward and this it is all the rest.

Just read that the complete tosser!

Anything for publicity he cant count to three nevermind tell the time!

i see he forgot to mention the time that should have been added on for owen's goal, when we got all 16secs of it! but united were in the lead by then so the refs discretion meant that it doesnt count. just like poll's account of things it's forgotten also. all wankers, and expect a 'fast tracked' ban from those fa twats for bellamy today.cocksuckers the lot of em.

mikeyboy said:
i see he forgot to mention the time that should have been added on for owen's goal, when we got all 16secs of it!

I don't get this argument.

If Owen scored 16 seconds from the end of play, shouldn't the whistle be blown 16 seconds after the restart?

moomba said:

If Owen scored 16 seconds from the end of play, shouldn't the whistle be blown 16 seconds after the restart?

Well you could make the same case for Bellamy's goal. He scored at 89:54 so there should have been just 6 seconds added not any of this 59 seconds for celebrating bollox.

interpol said:
moomba said:

Well you could make the same case for Bellamy's goal. He scored at 89:54 so there should have been just 6 seconds added not any of this 59 seconds for celebrating bollox.
That doesn't make any sense.

The one thing the bent twat DID get right on Sunday was only playing 16 seconds after Owen's goal.

Dubai Blue said:
The one thing the bent twat DID get right on Sunday was only playing 16 seconds after Owen's goal.

I know...I'm agreeing.
If the game is 6 seconds from the end I don't get why you add 50 odd seconds on.

doesn't matter now, its done but we are still left with the defense that let in 4 absolute cr*p goals. Lets hope they improve quick

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.