Greece

Apparently a Greek Air Force pilot flew his F16 to Turkey to withdraw 2000 Euros.

http://national.bgnnews.com/greek-f...d-jet-in-turkey-to-withdraw-money-haberi/7784

The story was in the Telegraph but has subsequently been deleted so it might not be true.
Funny if it is though.

Joke from RadioCocpit.fr. Telegraph buy it and then delete it. No true

var_f16-thumb-large.jpg

Last edited:
Just back from Ionian Greece. Despite all the scare mongering in the UK press there were no restrictions in foreign ATM withdrawals, no shortages, no queues. In fact it was Greece as normal and very nice too. Interesting that everyone I talked to (taxi drivers, waiters, coast guard, etc.) All were OXI voters and all felt betrayed by the turn round. "A long slow death" was their general description of the future.

On a side note, my daughter broke her nose (well I broke it for her), and the medical treatment we got was fantastic. A trip to hospital for a precautionary x-ray took less than an hour from reception to leaving, having had the x-ray and an ENT surgeon give her the all clear. When was the last time you spent less than an hour getting an x-ray in the UK?

Greek voters always feel betrayed. Maybe they have to think first and then vote. They believe again and again the same promises. The only person who have profit from OXI vote was Varoufakis (and his friend Soros, ofcourse)

Looks like Tsipras is getting ready to resign and call a new election on September 20th

Forget Greece. China's stock market is down 25% in the last month. Although it seems to be having a dead cat bounce today, it's impact on the world economy is going to dwarf whatever happens with Greece. I'm not sure why this is getting so little attention.
No one likes a smart arse but it seems I might have been right 6 weeks ago.

Travelled to Athens and Acropolis and Arras Thessalonica for a dribble and Coors.
I have never been to the sparkling islands of the Aegean or beyond.
The Greeks have so much to offer and I am despondent and greatly saddened to the pecuniary dilemma they now find themselves in.
A beautiful country, a beautiful people and hospitality second to none.
Now that they are experiencing financial hardship I shall make an effort if I am over to assimilate myself into the touristic way of life that used to be synononouswith a holiday under the sun and relaxation in the musical key of R
I understand from all accounts that Corfu nestles in the Ionian sea and correct me if I am wrong but it is said in estranged circles that Hercules had his penis away with a water nymph and she bore him Hilus who progressed on to become a great leader in his own right.
So much history and so much sun and sand and tourism and plate breaking and jolly dances and a nice alcoholic spirit of aniseed and demi Rousseau and yoghurt and Nana Mouskouri
I may frequent this fine country once more in the not too distant future as it is without fear of contradiction a hive of archaeological enchantment.
Good topic by the way.
I am not sure about the tea leaves but if you engage further on Google you will find it is Ceylon which has changed it's name recently by deed poll.
Change for changes sake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.