Grown Men Crying....

I had tears of joy running down my face! I sat on my own and as you do, get to know the blues around you, we were going mental and when bluemoon came on we were blubbering! Was as if i had known them for years!!! I was in 536 if anyone else was ha ha

I cried, only a little but all the same, tears were in evidence. Watched the match with my mrs (liverpool fan) in her front room and once the celebrations were in full flow I was stood up in front of the telly absolutely overwhelmed with how great it was to be City.

Her next question is legendary.............."do you wish you were there?" she said.

Classic!

It just shows how much this club means to us. I cried at my first ever match, when we scored, trying to hide the fact from my Dad. I knew I'd end up crying on Saturday if we beat them. I've just turned forty, and have more or less waited a lifetime for that moment. Sank to my knees in the pub and everything. The Baggie fan next to me thought it was priceless. Beating THAT LOT. At Wembley! Daren't look at any more photos or footage, cos I just start off again. Hope I've got over it by 14 May....

BillyShears said:
C'mon then - hands up, who shed tears. I'm not ashamed to admit I did. Cried like a baby for 5 minutes at the final whistle. Got dragged out of a pub in Brussels screaming Bluemoon at the top of my lungs...

That's brought a real smile to my face Billy. You posted before the match (after the Liverpool debacle) that you had ceased to care. I felt I knew exactly how you felt. I said after 33 mins of humiliation on Monday that I couldn't do this any more.

I wasn't going to watch the semi and had just about had it with the overpaid Prima Donnas. But, there I was with 2 hours to go before kickoff pacing about nervous as a kitten. What a joyous explosion of pleasure and relief both when Yaya scored and at the final whistle.

You seem to be one of the more die hard City fans on this board and it disappointed me a little to see the pleasure being taken away from you.

Strangely pleased that you're back on board so to speak.

Sorry if this all sounds a little gushy but it's been that sort of a weekend.

Anyhoo back to chopping tree roots in the garden pretending they're Wio's head just for the fun of it.

bluemoon27 said:
after the final whistle had gone i was hugging my 9 yr old boy and he then said to me "Dad i think im gonna cry" and that set me off,but that moment will live with me forever,he made me so proud

Just reading this brought a tear to my eye. I think your lad will see alot more days like this and just hope the feeling is the same everytime.

will never be too ashamed to say i cried, been a horrible horrible 16 months since my wife passed away, and boy did it all come out at the final whistle, think i drowned the young lad in block 549 wth the broken leg lol

I, very briefly, wept - have never welled up like that at a City game, though the Gillingham game was a close run thing.

Just when you think you're falling out of love with the game, Saturday reminds you why you've literally not a penny for the rest of the month, your fridge looks like the United end at full time, and you're still shattered from the whole experience.

At about 10pm tonight, just think how you felt this time last week.

Fuckin City eh ?

IM NOT REALLY HERE said:
bluemoon27 said:
after the final whistle had gone i was hugging my 9 yr old boy and he then said to me "Dad i think im gonna cry" and that set me off,but that moment will live with me forever,he made me so proud

Just reading this brought a tear to my eye. I think your lad will see alot more days like this and just hope the feeling is the same everytime.

Agreed. I have never cried at any defeat or relegation. Saturday at the final whistle with e players and fans celebrating together my lip trembled.

And being a Dad myself this post above nearly got me going again
Nice one

My boy is only 3 but what an era for him to be brought up a city fan. I can't wait

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.