Guardiola: “If the club wants me, I want to stay here”

Whilst I agree with every word, including the fact that there is no better job in world football, my concern is different.

He’s a sensible, intelligent and decent man and he might well want more time with his family. An international job might provide that, or even some sort of different role somewhere. Or a sabbatical or semi retirement.
His kids are older now. One lives in London not sure about his lad.

The way he goes ballistic if a player does one tiny thing wrong in his eyes, tells me international football would drive him crazy after two games.
I agree, though to offer a counter to that…I think he’s always wanted to manage Jordan Henderson…and there can’t be much time left to achieve that by picking him for England and not looking like an absolute twat.

Whilst I agree with every word, including the fact that there is no better job in world football, my concern is different.

He’s a sensible, intelligent and decent man and he might well want more time with his family. An international job might provide that, or even some sort of different role somewhere. Or a sabbatical or semi retirement.

I think the fact he's seen the other side in his time at Barca and Bayern, he'll probably fully appreciate what City offers him. We're pretty relaxed as a fan base when it comes to things on the pitch. There are no politics. That's very rare. The pressure at City just isn't there when compared to the red shirts, real, barca, bayern etc. Similarly if he took an international job for a major nation. It probably doesn't give him enough day to day fuel for his fire.

His kids are older, he can play golf and holiday in the summer and then refresh and get back to it. Our media will try and apply pressure but as I said, it's not anywhere near what it would be at other clubs he could manage with their politics. He's got a board who give him what he wants and needs and I think he realises it's the best place to be.

One day he'll go, and I'm sure it will be a shock similar to the Klopp announcement. But I think we're a while off that yet...or I hope we are!

The way he goes ballistic if a player does one tiny thing wrong in his eyes, tells me international football would drive him crazy after two games.
This is actually a good point, I think he enjoys the minutiae about the game, International football clearly doesn't allow for this - also can you imagine club managers getting their players back..heads frazzled!

I think the fact he's seen the other side in his time at Barca and Bayern, he'll probably fully appreciate what City offers him. We're pretty relaxed as a fan base when it comes to things on the pitch. There are no politics. That's very rare. The pressure at City just isn't there when compared to the red shirts, real, barca, bayern etc. Similarly if he took an international job for a major nation. It probably doesn't give him enough day to day fuel for his fire.

His kids are older, he can play golf and holiday in the summer and then refresh and get back to it. Our media will try and apply pressure but as I said, it's not anywhere near what it would be at other clubs he could manage with their politics. He's got a board who give him what he wants and needs and I think he realises it's the best place to be.

One day he'll go, and I'm sure it will be a shock similar to the Klopp announcement. But I think we're a while off that yet...or I hope we are!
I wonder if he can build in a sabbatical with us. It will be unique but he is a unique manager - build up a staff member to take the reigns but following same ideals. He toddles off to NT=YC or Sydney or wherever for a season..then comes back = perfect scenario. The other thing i think he will fancy - is getting us up if we are relegated to championship or maybe league 1. North-West Counties would be amusing but i think that's a stretch.

I wonder if he can build in a sabbatical with us. It will be unique but he is a unique manager - build up a staff member to take the reigns but following same ideals. He toddles off to NT=YC or Sydney or wherever for a season..then comes back = perfect scenario. The other thing i think he will fancy - is getting us up if we are relegated to championship or maybe league 1. North-West Counties would be amusing but i think that's a stretch.
I've always seen this as a distinct possibility. A year.. maybe even two.. We'd suffer on the pitch, probably wouldn't win the title, but there'd be enough in-built knowledge in the coaches and players to ensure Top 4, which is all we'd need to tick over.
Pep would be bored stupid managing an international team, he's too young to retire and go golfing. I reckon he'll be around long enough to challenge Taggart's trophy haul. Plus, he wants vengeance for all this 115 nonsense tainting his legacy, (in the eyes of the stupid and easily misguided).

The media try and wind him up but frankly its no contest. His brain is several upgrades past their combined MIPS.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.