Guardiola to Axe Kompany (Various Sources)

BillyShears

Martin Blackburn, James Ducker, and several others reporting that Vinny's one of the highest profile casualties of Pep's clean broom this summer.

I appreciate that this is sort of transfer related and also related to Kompany so could be in a player thread, but I feel it deserves it's own thread in the main forum. Vinny's been a fantastic servant to the club and deserves a warm send off at the end of the season. But Pep's doing the right thing in letting him go. He clearly doesn't trust him to play as he's been fit for weeks again and you can't have a player taking a first team spot on sentiment.

its a sad sad day for VK and for city , but if pep feels he cant play or rely on him then it surely is time for him to move on, always love vinny for what hes achieved and done for city . good luck vinny

Yep, it's obvious he's history. Even when fit he hasn't been making the team. He will leave a legend

If he's fit, as Pep keeps telling us, then give him a run in the team. If he somehow lasts the season he stays, if he fails again then that is the time to say goodbye. He surely deserves the chance to prove himself and has to be a better option than Kolarov at CB. If he was to breakdown again then I'm sure Vinny would be the first to admit it's over for him at the club.

Martin Blackburn, James Ducker, and several others reporting that Vinny's one of the highest profile casualties of Pep's clean broom this summer.

I appreciate that this is sort of transfer related and also related to Kompany so could be in a player thread, but I feel it deserves it's own thread in the main forum. Vinny's been a fantastic servant to the club and deserves a warm send off at the end of the season. But Pep's doing the right thing in letting him go. He clearly doesn't trust him to play as he's been fit for weeks again and you can't have a player taking a first team spot on sentiment.
What's this in/on mate?

If he's fit, as Pep keeps telling us, then give him a run in the team. If he somehow lasts the season he stays, if he fails again then that is the time to say goodbye. He surely deserves the chance to prove himself and has to be a better option than Kolarov at CB. If he was to breakdown again then I'm sure Vinny would be the first to admit it's over for him at the club.

I think Pep's already decided. In a way it's probably good that he has no sentimental attachment to Vinny in the way we do as it means he can make a decision that's best for the club in the long term and also Vinny in the short term. It was around this time last season that he got an injury which meant he couldn't be sold last summer. Playing him isn't the right answer if they want to sell him this summer.

I haven't been counting but it feels like he's already had 6-8 comebacks, and chances to prove his fitness. I think in the past, the club and manager would have felt this way, but now it's pretty much over.

Apparently fit for the last 3 weeks.... And still can't make the squad despite our shit defense and playing kolarov as CB . Looks like Pep's made his mind up already much like Hart

Unfortunately has to go. Although he is a legend and been great for the club, he is taking up a foreign players spot which is vital with the HG rules. The risk is too great.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.