Hamburg fans buying tickets? - rubbish

ratherdeadthanred

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pageid=115&pagegid=%7BDBD12D53%2D8346%2D431D%2DA04F%2D5D0F8664DE80%7D&newsid=6629650&siteid=&pageno=&newscategory=&frommonth=1&fromyear=2009&tomonth=3&toyear=2009" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pagei ... oyear=2009</a>

MARK HUGHES has told Blues' brilliant supporters they can make the difference between victory and defeat in the UEFA Cup quarter-final against Bundesliga high-fliers Hamburg at the City of Manchester Stadium.

As Head of Supporter Experience Danny Wilson announced record-breaking ticket sales for the second-leg tie on April 16th, manager Hughes looked forward with relish to the club's biggest European night in 30 years.

City's special offer of £5 a head with kids for a quid for a limited time sparked unprecedented scenes, and Hughes said: "It's been a fantastic response to a big thank you from the club to our fans.

"We really appreciate their marvellous support, and in the current financial climate a lot fans have to pick and choose their games. Now they have an opportunity to bring friends and family and all enjoy a special occasion.

"The team will also benefit because hopefully we'll get a full house for the game and that could make the difference in going through to the semis. We have a huge support and they need to be our 12th man that night."

Danny Wilson revealed just how successful the club's "thank you" initiative has been, with a 47,000 full house on the cards. He said: "We are obviously delighted by the unprecedented interest and demand for tickets.

"We sold more than 16,500 yesterday, which is a record number since the club moved to the City of Manchester Stadium. On a good day, across all channels, we would normally expect to sell around 2,500 tickets for a big game.

"The Box Office staff were just fantastic. The phone lines were melting and the internet service almost ground to a halt first thing in the morning, but we soon got that rectified and then we were motoring."

Danny emphasised that, while some Seasoncard holders felt tickets should not have gone on open sale first, their seat at the tie is safeguarded as long as they confirm their tickets before close of business on Sunday.

He said: "We have the utmost regard for our Seasoncard holders, which is why they have until Sunday to take up their seats at the offer price of £5 plus £1 for children.

"We wanted to get the stadium full and rocking for the team. Hamburg will sell out their allocation of just under 3,000. They wanted 6,000 but they didn't get them."

He also scotched rumours that fans from Germany had been able to take advantage of Wednesday's ticket rush to beat the system and buy seats that had been allocated to City supporters.

He assured fans: "I've heard the rumours but the truth is that we have rigorous processes in place to safeguard against such an occurence, both online and on the telephone. Hamburg fans who are season-ticket holders will get their tickets for £5 but the rest are paying £10, so it's not quite as good a deal as for our fans. We are still awaiting the numbers for the game in Germany."

The club expects a small number of unclaimed tickets to be available on Monday morning after the Seasoncard deadline expires. Supporters are advised to visit <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk</a> on Sunday for an update on ticket availability.

Peter Ferguson

I sympathsise with citycard holders, but anyone else simply didnt deserve a ticket

city got it spot on with their cheap prices, but still there are whining whingers because they didnt get a ticket, boo hoo

Get a seasoncard

Scaremongers basing their panic on rumours, without thinking logically. Simple.

Now you'll get those very people who were bitching about "Germans taking over our stadium" saying something like "told you so..."

Hamburg fans who are season-ticket holders will get their tickets for £5 but the rest are paying £10, so it's not quite as good a deal as for our fans.
thats wrong. looking on my printout, a fiver plus 1.50 web sales fee makes a total of 6.50.

city got it spot on with their cheap prices, but still there are whining whingers because they didnt get a ticket, boo hoo

Get a seasoncard

Piss Off, I couldnt get a ticket because Pricks who dont even support City were jamming the phone lines and crashing the Ticket system.
In the end I resorted to going down to COMs paying train fare worth MORE than the ticket itself, only for it to be sold out because the Touts were buying the Tickets by the handful.

cheeseburger said:
Hamburg fans who are season-ticket holders will get their tickets for £5 but the rest are paying £10, so it's not quite as good a deal as for our fans.
thats wrong. looking on my printout, a fiver plus 1.50 web sales fee makes a total of 6.50.

He means what you are paying at your ground!

Tbh going off that the tickets bought with german address' will probley be cancled by the club.

ratherdeadthanred said:
I sympathsise with citycard holders, but anyone else simply didnt deserve a ticket
Get a seasoncard
So if you have an AccessCard with loads of loyalty points you don't deserve a ticket?

I don't understand when it says "Hamburg fans who are season ticket holders". Does it mean Hamburg fans that have Man City season tickets or Hamburg fans who have Hamburg away game season tickets?

If its the latter (which I think it is, otherwise it doesnt make sense), then those tickets are always done through our Supporters Club and not with the away club directly.

MattRGF said:
I don't understand when it says "Hamburg fans who are season ticket holders". Does it mean Hamburg fans that have Man City season tickets or Hamburg fans who have Hamburg away game season tickets?

If its the latter (which I think it is, otherwise it doesnt make sense), then those tickets are always done through our Supporters Club and not with the away club directly.

Matt he either means what you(Hamburg away supporters) will pay in the away end for the game here, or what your club are charging your fans for the home game at your place.

ROBL250 said:

Get a seasoncard

Piss Off, I couldnt get a ticket because Pricks who dont even support City were jamming the phone lines and crashing the Ticket system.
In the end I resorted to going down to COMs paying train fare worth MORE than the ticket itself, only for it to be sold out because the Touts were buying the Tickets by the handful.
That i am sorry to say sounds a little i am alright jack kind of attitude. I am a season card holder and got my ticket but you still have to feel for those deserving fans that didnt get one. Touts will be selling them for the best price possible to the away fans and you know it so in my opinion your topic is incorrect and for those who couldnt get one my fingers are crossed for you on Monday. Good luck..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.