Happy Back Heel Day - 40 years ago (27/4)

This is a bit like York away, only a few thousand were there but now it is in the millions. Well I was at BOTH.

and this was absolutely brilliant. Sad rags running on the pitch trying to get the game abandoned Ha ha.
Thanks for reminding me.

40 years ago today

Denis did it!

The Lawman scored a backheeler at the swamp.

I remember watching it at my gran's and being overjoyed that we had beaten the rags and - as I thought at the time - relegated them.

Happy days.

Re: 40 years ago today

m7mcfc said:
It's a myth that we relegated them and the twat never celebrated but still it was nice to see the cnuts go down.

I know it's not true that we relegated them, but it still winds the rags up when it's mentioned.

The only abandoned match I've ever been to, but one of the most enjoyable.

I was no more that 15 yards away from Denis when he scored.

I can't remember the exact sequence of events, but I remember hundreds of police on the pitch and Matt Busby pleading for order over the tannoy.

Another notable memory was seeing a policeman quite a few rows up in the corner between the scoreboard end and the main stand. He intervened in a fight and disappeared under a hail of punches. Then a bit later he emerged at pitch level looking a bit dishevelled, minus his helmet but otherwise OK.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.