Happy Valley

mr t

If you’ve missed this 3 series drama on the BBC then feel free to watch every single episode on the iPlayer.

When you’ve got Steve Pemberton, Siobhan Finneran, James Norton, Sarah Lancashire and the rest of this first class cast all acting their socks off you are in for a treat………

You will not be disappointed - trust me.

But the first two you name were also in Benidorm for years!

Only joking HV is very good. And the pharmacist in series 3 was in Benidorm too around 10 years back.

The problem I have with Steve Pemberton: well everytime he acts in a drama role, I just can't get past 'The League of Gentlemen' and Pauline and her pens....

After being pushed to watch this I finaly gave series 1 a go. Its excellent so far. I assumed it was some lighthearted, Heartbeat kind of shite with a name like Happy Valley and her off Corrie in it. Never judge a series by its title and actor I suppose.

I lived in Hebden from 1993-2013. One time resident, Jez Lewis, made a movie called 'Shed Your Tears and Walk Away', which had an impact on the writer of Happy Valley, Sally Wainwright who lives in Sowerby Bridge, not that far from Hebden. She also says in interviews that she was influenced by Juliet Bravo, which was filmed mostly in Todmorden or Tod as the locals call it. This too featured a female Police Officer.

For those who get a taste for more Heben related film, check out Jez's documentary. Tough watch but worthwhile.

Shed Your Tears and Walk Away

I lived in Hebden from 1993-2013. One time resident, Jez Lewis, made a movie called 'Shed Your Tears and Walk Away', which had an impact on the writer of Happy Valley, Sally Wainwright who lives in Sowerby Bridge, not that far from Hebden. She also says in interviews that she was influenced by Juliet Bravo, which was filmed mostly in Todmorden or Tod as the locals call it. This too featured a female Police Officer.

For those who get a taste for more Heben related film, check out Jez's documentary. Tough watch but worthwhile.

Shed Your Tears and Walk Away
Always thought Juliet Bravo was set in Derbyshire.

Best mate lived in Hebden from 2004 to 2009. Had many a good weekend there in Nelson's wine bar (when it wasn't flooded....) and then they moved to Friendly so was still just the Tod bus away from Hebden.

Never watched anything Sarah Lancashire was in (she ditched our Curly, can't forgive that...) but maybe 2 years ago was scanning through Brit Box and she was in some drama about two old folk finding love and she was the daughter of the old woman and turned out to be a school head teacher and a closet lesbian which mad it a bit interesting....

Always thought Juliet Bravo was set in Derbyshire.

Best mate lived in Hebden from 2004 to 2009. Had many a good weekend there in Nelson's wine bar (when it wasn't flooded....) and then they moved to Friendly so was still just the Tod bus away from Hebden.

Never watched anything Sarah Lancashire was in (she ditched our Curly, can't forgive that...) but maybe 2 years ago was scanning through Brit Box and she was in some drama about two old folk finding love and she was the daughter of the old woman and turned out to be a school head teacher and a closet lesbian which mad it a bit interesting....
Only going off the interviews in the papers with Sally Wainwright on the Bravo stuff, where she mentions much of it was shot in Tod...maybe was multiple locations??...it was also her who wrote the show you mentioned, the old folk fallin in love, which was I believe 'Last Tango in Halifax.' Not seen it but I hear it is a great series.
Was visiting the weekend just gone and had a night out in Nelsons. Not changed much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.