Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d take him for £25m. Any more and I’d be saying “enjoy” to any club offering in the region of £70m.

I am surprised that Maguire doesn't agitate a bit more for a move after all he could end up playing with Smalling !

There in lies the conundrum pay over the odds for a proven CB, or pay over the odds for at best potential. I have no strong feelings about Ake either way but there is nothing that I can recall about his game that has ever made me sit up and consider him a future City player.
This would be the same Ake that has played in Bournemouth defence that has taken some almighty shallackings from teams including City over the last few tears.
The irony is that I actually agree with the naysayers who feel Mags is priced to high. However, increasingly the alternative options outside of Maguire are decreasing or don't appear to be favourable. If the season was to start tommorow I'd feel a lot more comfortable about City taking a hit on the price for Maguire than starting the season with Ake as one of are CB's.
Bottom line is Ake or not it does not seem that City can afford to go into next season with what we've got at the back. As preseason approaches though it's looking more and more likely that this may be the option given the dearth of available options out there, Alderweirld aside.

Think our board have walked away. Leicester seem firm on their ludicrous valuation.

To be fair it's only ludicrous if they are left with a player they want to sell. If they can get 80-90 mill good luck to them if they can't and he stays I expect they will be happy with that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.