Has anybody been to the City Cafe

Johnno's Beer Gut

Has anybody been lately, the missus wants to go.

Went last year and the food was rubbish, has it improved under the new owners.

Thanks to anybody who can help

Last time I was in there it was like 2 years ago. Food was good from what I can remember but it wasn't a match day like so wouldn't have been as rushed to get the food out.

ctid

me and my wife went in last week ,the food was good i have got one of those hilife cards so we both had 2 courses and only came to a tenner,drinks are a bit pricey though

Frothy, you have read my mind lol.

My missus has just got one of those High Life cards on a 3 month trial.
We thought we would go to the City Cafe to use it first, i am glad the food is better.
We went last year when Thaksin owned the club and it was rubbish, it tasted alright it was just there wasnt much of it. it took me about 2 minutes to eat it and i am as thin as a rake lol.

Not sure where you are talking about but on Match days I walk up J Mercer way and on top of the Shop there is some sort of bar/social club.Is this open to anyone for a drink on match days or do you have to be some sort of member and is it as bad getting served as the stadium bars. Last week the Colin Bell bar was attrocious at half time. It's disgusting some of the idiots they employ. This is one area that should be raised on Thurs night if any of you are going.
The level of service given the price they pay is distgusting. The food bars are much better but a rip off.

i had the fish dip things and a big f**k off burger and chips wife had prawn salad then a salmon dish we both realy enjoyed it give it a try and let us know what you think

Richard said:
Whats the high life card like mate? Thinking of getting one.

We have only just got ours but looks good, it was a MEN promotion and is free for 3 months, if you sign up for a year i think its about £50 which is good value if you go out to eat once or twice a month.

good selection of places to eat too

frothy said:
i had the fish dip things and a big f**k off burger and chips wife had prawn salad then a salmon dish we both realy enjoyed it give it a try and let us know what you think

the burger sounds good frothy, i think we are going next week so i will report back

thanks for your help matey

Johnno's Beer Gut said:
Richard said:
Whats the high life card like mate? Thinking of getting one.

We have only just got ours but looks good, it was a MEN promotion and is free for 3 months, if you sign up for a year i think its about £50 which is good value if you go out to eat once or twice a month.

good selection of places to eat too

I have a Hi life card, well worth the money - you only have to eat out a couple of times to get your money back.

Didnt realise the City Cafe was in there, will have to remember that and go in with said Hi Life card

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.