Has anyone put their central heating on yet?

Chucking it down thick n fast with the white stuff all over London.

...gonna be a mare come the morning
Snow in London.....at least it'll take all the headlines off England's WC performance.

Edit* apart from those poor kids going through the ice is all about the south and snow as expected.....you'd think we weren't worth reporting on up north.

Last edited:
I am quite lucky as I don't really feel the cold. Happily sit around with no heating on. Only switch on for the family when they get in. Off when the kids in bed.

However, it is getting colder and whilst I am fine, must think of others. Affording it isn't the problem, we both agree fuck lining the pockets of the energy companies. We do have a log burner we put on in the evening at weekends. So far in the last month we have spent about £50 on wood and kindling, but still have a couple of weekends worth left.

Or DD goes out on the 12th and so far spent £91 since 12th Nov. Minus the £66 and that's not bad at all. Will use more next month as off for 3 weeks over Christmas, but I simply will not turn the heating on if I am in on my own. Train twice a day during this period and that warms me up for ages. Quick shower after each session and all sorted.

I really do feel for those struggling. It must be unbearable.
Where do you get the wood from mate ? Prices have rocketed

What temperature are people reaching in their house with it on?

Had it on most of the weekend through the day and didn't get past 17.5.

Was warm enough when it had been like 14 before we decided we'd had enough of sat in the cold.

Anyone in a new build? What is your average temp when your heating is off curious to see how good the new insulation regs are.

Boiler managed first two hrs of the day , snowed so kept merlin in and closed the kitchen door , the heat has still gone from the bedroom so i am wrapped up in bed

Cant get my heating above fifteen but better than nothing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.