Has everyone given up now?

I'll believe it when we win at Anfield and the Emirates. No matter how much better we are than either team, we can never seem to get a win away.

Those are my marker points too, and Tottenham.

This team looks to be unlike anything we or most people have ever seen before. I am however not counting chickens until they are hatched. We of all people should know this. It's going to be a great ride i'm sure.

Don't like threads like this.
Still a long way to go and lets not be arrogant.

Bit premature - the rags are grinding results out and are only 11 behind. Could be 8 or 9 Sunday. Let’s not get giddy!!
Thats very true. Hopefully they will drop some more points against Leicester and Burnley away. Leicester seem to be getting back their mojo.

I've said before, 12 points is the figure for me.

Not that it 'has' to be 12 points, a much smaller lead can be perfectly adequate & usually is, but any side who gets 4 wins behind a genuine 'top' team,playing well, has shit it unless something really bizarre happens to both. 12 points, at any stage, usually means curtains. That goes all the way back to the 70s when the equivalent 8 points behind a Leeds or a Liverpool meant your season was over.

12 points gap means that averaged out, you have to lose a game less than the 'top' side, in every quarter, whilst also matching them for wins. Then the key bit; having busted your balls doing that & the other team having a blip from hell, you have to not slip up yourself, at the end.

Our rivals will know deep down that they cannot catch us and that only we can lose it. The longer we extend this run the more we tighten our grip, because those around us are so inconsistent and don't seem to be able put any sort of run together. As the season progresses I can't help but think that this may turn out to be the beginning of an era of domestic domination with Pep intent on cleaning up.

I have given up expecting the title race to be close. A real anticlimax v 2012 and 2014. I’ll take it though. Let’s get our tension from winning the 2 domestic cups, and the Champions League. Will also be interesting to see which game might see up the PL, 7 April v Scum would be perfect, or the following week at Wembley wouldn’t be too shabby

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.