Has our fan base become spoilt?

Have we become spoilt? We have got used to winning, last time we dropped points was January. Last time we went out of a competition was April, the mindset of everyone in the club is to win everything. If it doesn’t happen it feels like a huge bump in the road.

We have lost 6 premier league games in 2 seasons which is mind boggling and amassed the two largest point totals in history, dropping points is a rarity these days. There is little margin for error now in a league campaign, Saturday was a killer but I’m ready to strap myself back in again for Bournemouth. Who wouldn’t want to look forward to next weekend when we can watch Kev and Bernardo rip it up again. No one in this league is better than City, they just need to start converting the chances.

The OP is right. A lot of fans on here are totally fixated on the results and couldn't enjoy the best team in English history. The presumption is that Liverpool will amass 95 + points again and every point counts. That's not a given though. And even if they win 100 pts, we can do it as well. We drew Everton at home when we won 100 pts. Believe in Pep and the players and enjoy the football they produce. Referees didn't stop us from winning the domestic quadruple. VAR won't stop us from having another great season. Let's not be like the dippers and get sucked into conspiracy theories. Officials might be biased against us but we won 198 points over two seasons, it's not that bad.

On page one of this forum, we have the following threads;

1. Is the game bent?
2. VAR debate 2019/20
3. Seasoncard for sale (because of VAR)
4. Request a bet: VAR to disallow a City goal
5. Will VAR lead to increased football violence
6. Is it time for SKY to ban Gary Neville from commentating on City games?
7. VAR impact and consequence log
8. Jesus offside goal vs West Ham - explanation in the Mail
9. Did you celebrate?

We’ve drawn a game at home to a top 4 team because of a rule change that we were crying out for this time last year.

The Rodri challenge was a penalty but we’ve been denied a thousand penalties before without the hysteria that we’ve seen in the last 24 hours on here.

So the question is - has success turned our fans into a load of fannies?
Yes

On page one of this forum, we have the following threads;

1. Is the game bent?
2. VAR debate 2019/20
3. Seasoncard for sale (because of VAR)
4. Request a bet: VAR to disallow a City goal
5. Will VAR lead to increased football violence
6. Is it time for SKY to ban Gary Neville from commentating on City games?
7. VAR impact and consequence log
8. Jesus offside goal vs West Ham - explanation in the Mail
9. Did you celebrate?

We’ve drawn a game at home to a top 4 team because of a rule change that we were crying out for this time last year.

The Rodri challenge was a penalty but we’ve been denied a thousand penalties before without the hysteria that we’ve seen in the last 24 hours on here.

So the question is - has success turned our fans into a load of fannies?
More paranoid if I'm honest, some of the conspiracy theories are truly embarrassing

The OP is right. A lot of fans on here are totally fixated on the results and couldn't enjoy the best team in English history. The presumption is that Liverpool will amass 95 + points again and every point counts. That's not a given though. And even if they win 100 pts, we can do it as well. We drew Everton at home when we won 100 pts. Believe in Pep and the players and enjoy the football they produce. Referees didn't stop us from winning the domestic quadruple. VAR won't stop us from having another great season. Let's not be like the dippers and get sucked into conspiracy theories. Officials might be biased against us but we won 198 points over two seasons, it's not that bad.
Then you haven't read the OP.

The question about celebrating goals is legitimate. The moment a goal is scored I jump and celebrate but not with wild abandon because I know a minute later it could be disallowed.

This is not a City thing although City fans are much further down this route because we have exoerienced this more than anyone else.

Whilst not a conspiracy, I do think refs have an easier time ruling against City than other teams and that's got nothing to do with VAR.

Last edited:
Success breeds a cynical fan base just as much as failure does - winning just increases the number of those fans

The VAR decision was gutting, especially as it came so late AND it was against Spurs again but VAR didn’t have a say in the other 29 shots we had. We should have had the game sewn up well before the last few minutes. Second game of the season against a top six side and we were a bit rusty in front of goal. I’ll hazard a guess that come the end of the season that we will be OK; VAR or no VAR so let’s just dust ourselves down and get on with it.

It's the 2nd game of the season.

36 games to go.

2 of those games are against the Scousers.

FFS, stop flapping!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.