Have ever started a song off at an away ground?

yep

walked in OT and all the ground started singing hymn 12 Joyful Joyful we Adore Thee" best gig ever
and billy graham was on form that night

I've tried now and then for nearly 50 years to get a song going at an away game. I've given up as i just don't have the voice and/or timing.

My 13 year old started half the songs away at Newcastle when we won 2.0 in our penultimate game before we won the prem in 2012. We were stood at the back left hand corner as you look at the pitch. It really helped that my other 15 year old son joined in, along with a good group of lads around us.

Not sure if that "song starting" played a part, but he was buzzing from it. Both my lads have missed just one game in the last 5 years home and away (including all European games). They still start songs away now and then, but strangely never at home. I don't know why; neither do they.

At Tottenham many years ago I was stood on that old (unsegregated) long terrace with a couple of other City supporters and a Spurs acquaintance and started You Dirty Northern Bastards as City lined up for the start. Provoked mirth and cheers from those good-natured Tottenham people followed by a pie and a bottle.

Not for around 50 years! Started them regularly in the late 60s/early 70s, but moved away from the main singing section as I started going by car rather than coach to matches. Then going in the pub for a few beers began to take priority. Then got married and only went to local games.
Good while it lasted, though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.