Have you ever copied any one in?

A few years back during some pretty heavy pay negotiations I was volunteered by the group of lads I work with to attend the final meeting with the directors etc. I had been given word from my managers manager that he was backing us all the way a few days beforehand and on the day he backtracked entirely and made me look a prick. To cut a long story short, one of the lads in our team had the same name as another manager at our managers level but in another department, I sent the ranting email about said manager to everyone in our team and the manager with the same name... got dragged in the following Monday after the arsehole forwarded it on to him and asked why I had called him a lying ****, I explained that he had lied so I thought he was a **** and he burst out laughing and it went no further, I now believe in honesty being the best policy!

I was hawking my book 'Teenage Kicks' around a couple of publishers and one seemed keen..... they asked for more than the outline so I sent them the completed text.
A month later they replied that although they liked the book, they felt the readership was too narrow in that it would only appeal to City fans.

I decided to forward the email to my co author Andrew Waldon, with the message ''Could have told the prick that myself a month ago and saved him the effort of reading it''
Only after I had sent it.... I realised I had hit ''reply'' and not ''forward''
I never heard back ha ha ha ha

Have done a few but not when being offensive , someone at our place had to leave after saying something very offensive about someone on communicator and sending it to someone who was presenting via shared desktop on a global conference and it popped up.

Similar vein. I used to work with a guy who would jump on any PC which had not been locked when the user went for a smoke or a coffee. His usual MO was to send an email to the persons immediate boss pledging undying love for them. I had a few visits to my managers office over that. A bit difficult trying to explain why you had either, not followed IT policy, or, fallen in love with the manager. It's a good job my manager had a sense of humor,

Wrote a spoof Email to a college once venting my spleen and generally calling him a **** to get it out of my system, unfortunately I then hit send, anyway he was an annoying **** and at least he knew my feelings towards him, sometimes it's best to get these things out in the open :-)

Ive done exactly the same thing as the OP. Had an email off a very helpful, highly qualified, very pleasant and well respected member of staff who had emailed me offering advice and assistance, but went a bit far in my opinion in meddling and fishing for information about something she didnt need to know. Forwarded it to my boss with my obervations which included how she was being a nosy woman, going beyond her remit, making me more work and had generally pissed me off. I hadnt forwarded it, I had replied. Her boss and me had history, he seized his opportunity and wanted blood, and it took some serious humble pie eating and apologising to get it sorted. Which it still isnt really, 5 yrs later! Moody cow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.