Headsets

prestonibbo_mcfc

Looking to buy the above. Don't really know what spec i should be looking for.
Just want a pair that will bang out a decent sound from my PC. Looking to pay £50 ish max.
Any recommendations appreciated.

I wear these at work.

Peltor

earmuffs.gif

I have a few for different purposes. My go to set is my AKG K44. It is as light as earphones, gives a good audio colour for casual listening and basic. The biggest issue with it is that it leaks out sound that might be noticeable in quiet settings. It is around £20.

My most preferred is however my Sony MDR7506. So good that I have two. I do recordings and these don't leak any sound into a condenser mic which picks up a lot of ambience. This is a bit above the budget but is quality. I even bring them on air travels because the children gets ear aches, these are the only things that help. I don't know the mechanics behind it but the MDR7506 is true closed back. For listening to music, this might be of a bit flatter colour but the range it adds is the heightened sense of hearing. Be aware of counterfeits though, this set is one of the few headphones that have been faked to death.

In between I have an Audio Technica ATHM50x and a Sennheiser HD202 which are both rarely used but decent in their own levels. I have a few Behringers that are too warm to the ears.

I've also heard good reviews about Koss for casual listening. And the Sennheiser HD201 has had a lot of happy buyers too. If a quality headphone is needed I would go for the Sony MDR7506 or semipro ones from its MDR series.

Obviously I love headphones and microphones.

In between I have an Audio Technica ATHM50x and a Sennheiser HD202 which are both rarely used but decent in their own levels. I have a few Behringers that are too warm to the ears.
I've also have Audio Technica ATHM50's which I bought based on good reviews from an audiophile website (best performance at the price point at that time, about 2012 IIRC) and I can confirm that they sound amazing for music if this is your primary purpose. However, they are large studio headphones and so not ideally suited for listening at work, unless you want people asking you how the recording session is going.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.