Heartbreaking moments as a City fan - when your favorite player leaves

4. Howard Kendall too - I know he has been labelled as a "Judas" but I was gutted when he went as I thought we were on the verge of something
I truly believe that if Kendall had stayed, we would have been around the European places every year, and never have been in League one, probably not even in the championship......despite having Swales!
Peter Reid managed 5th twice on the trot, with the foundation put in place by Kendall.....and Reid was not a good manager to say the least.
In Kendalls autobiography, he says that every single player he asked about signing....the first reply he got, was "can we have Paul Lake" .

David Rocastle - I remember I was doing my morning paper round and I think "The Today" had it as an exclusive. He was only here for one season and I was shocked and gutted that's all it was going to be. I think he was well liked by the fans but had become homesick.

As a kid Barnes, Owen and when Colin had to call it a day

Of our more recent players for all that I loved the likes of Vinny, Sergio and Yaya I was pretty much ok with the fact that there has to come a time. But with David I wanted there to be an elixir that stopped him aging so he could just play on forever.

Nine years old I was, school holidays 1982. Walking to the football pitches to play a match and our kids mate came running up behind shouting City have sold Francis. I was absolutely crestfallen and couldn't believe it. Not tricky Trev! :( Was also mightily pissed that we swapped Paul Walsh for fucking Gerry 50 pence piece head Creaney! Oh, and Clive Allen too. God we've done some terrible business in the past.

At the time it was being mentioned, Nicky Reid, was absolutely gutted, even went down to the ground to give the club a mouthful, managed to get in and sat in the directors box thinking about what my next move should be whilst watching a guy jog around the outside of the pitch, and all of a sudden I realised, it was actually Nicky himself, was just about to shout “tell em to FRO Nicky”, when he looked up and just glared at me, so I just thought “fuck you, you fuckin mofo” and left.

Since then, never really bothered too much about players leaving, SWP was the exception to a minor degree I think, but things move on in football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.