Heartburn

What does the sedation involve, and is it your choice? Did you go for it in the end or go without it. How did it all go, as a process (you already mentioned the fundings).
I didn’t have it in the end as they said it wouldn’t be a full sedation and I’d been allowed to be picked up half an hour later but my missus was not going to be ready for 2 hours. I retched quite a bit but they said the sedation would’ve taken a while to kick in anyway (not sure if they just wanted to avoid sedation) but I didn’t fancy waiting around. Ended up that my missus then came from working when I was at the bus stop home. We went to Didsbury from there

I’m having serious bouts of acid reflux in the middle of the night that is going to kill me im certain of it.

I’m waking having breathed the acid into my lungs and the coughing fits that follow for an hour or so due to the irritation in my throat and lungs are so bad, I fear I’m going to have a heart attack. I’m waking the house, the wife is obviously worried and the effects on us the day after at work due to tiredness from lack of sleep is also no fun.

I’m having serious bouts of acid reflux in the middle of the night that is going to kill me im certain of it.

I’m waking having breathed the acid into my lungs and the coughing fits that follow for an hour or so due to the irritation in my throat and lungs are so bad, I fear I’m going to have a heart attack. I’m waking the house, the wife is obviously worried and the effects on us the day after at work due to tiredness from lack of sleep is also no fun.
I'm having the same thing. I started writing down what I ate and drank and whether the choking happened.
Not happened since I started taking notes (Sun) but the last time it happened was after eating pretty late (9pm).

Can you cut back on alcohol, fizzy drinks and smoked fish?

I'm having the same thing. I started writing down what I ate and drank and whether the choking happened.
Not happened since I started taking notes (Sun) but the last time it happened was after eating pretty late (9pm).

Think that is a very good thing to so. I've been keeping a bit of diary recently on it while waiting, as I know that is something they would say I should do so thought good to be prepared. I've seen lots saying not to eat after 8 or late, which very much makes sense. But so far, the pattern (for me) seems to suggest the opposite, that the evenings I have something even a little bit in me before bed, seem to be less likely to cause issues in sleep. Could be to do with other variables of course, so not committing entirely to concluding anything. It is all very individual it seems, and takes time through a process of elimination to get to any real noticeable pattern. And even then, probably never really consistent.

Don’t drink mate, socially only and infrequently. Dont eat after 8pm each night and don’t drink fizzy drinks at all. I’ve always had heartburn now and then but the reflux in the middle of the night is becoming a real issue and a worry
Raise your bed slightly at the head end go to your doc and ask for and start taking lanzoprazole.

Don’t drink mate, socially only and infrequently. Dont eat after 8pm each night and don’t drink fizzy drinks at all. I’ve always had heartburn now and then but the reflux in the middle of the night is becoming a real issue and a worry

Anything like the second one below? If so, a few tips on the couple pages following this post from others worth reading.

I get two types of heartburn. What I imagine is the regular one that keeps me up, where my gut churns and the over a stretch of time acid 'gently' makes its way up and down my oesophagus, roughly as far up as where the heart is. It is annoying, it is a pain in the arse, all that. It takes a while but eventually some rennie or gaviscon seems to sort it.

But it is nothing compared to the second kind that occasionally hits me. I'd be comfortably fast asleep, and out of nowhere without warning or any build-up, acid would instantly and violently shoot all the way through to my mouth, and wake me up as I desperately try contain it splurting out, and trying to on the spotjust awoken decide whether to swallow it back down (usually happens by instinct) or if I have enough time to run spit it out. And then either way, it's gone back and that's that. No point taking anything as it doesn't come back. That one is just fucking horrible. Had it last night, and my whole throat, vocal chords and insides of my cheeks still feel burnt and raw this morning no matter how much I girgle wash.

Anyone got any tips on that one? No need to say go see a doctor btw, I'm on a waiting list for an endoscopy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.