Heaton park concerts

MagicF

Off to the new order concert next week but never been to heaton park for a concert. I guess tram from town is best getting there.
Any recommendations for the best way to get back after the concert ? I guess finished around 11pm . cheers

Off to the new order concert next week but never been to heaton park for a concert. I guess tram from town is best getting there.
Any recommendations for the best way to get back after the concert ? I guess finished around 11pm . cheers
Walk. It’s absolute chaos. Get as far away from it as you can after it’s done and try to get lucky with a cab somewhere else. Think we headed towards town and got near cheetham hill.

Went to the Roses gigs in 2012 and as @babyape says, it's carnage.

We (and thousands of others) walked back into town as trying to get any transport was mental

If its been raining all day don't bother. Walk as far away from the area as possible and then order your Joe.

Are there any trams running at 11pm ish, or are they crammed straight after the concert ?

They're rammed mate. And by the time you'll probably leave they won't be operating. Three options:- leave early, get smashed and hang about till everyone's gone or sleep in Heaton Park.

Getting there is pretty easy as folk arrive throughout the day. Pretty sure busses are laid on.
Going home a nightmare as the world and his wife try to catch the bus / tram.
The tram won't stop at Bowker Vale as it is rammed from Prestwich station.
Only been to one gig there, one of the Oasis gigs. Fortunately living in Moston it was just over an hours walk through the mean streets of Blackley.
Would dread to think what time folk from South of the city centre got home.
And it's a crap venue too

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.