Hector Bellerin

Yeah, pretty sure Clichy and Delph don't have long term futures at the club so that homegrown quota will need to be filled one way or another.
Kelechi will qualify as a homegrown this Jan right?

Kelechi will qualify as a homegrown this Jan right?
He should be club trained, which is even better (in CL squads, you can have as many as 25 senior players but only 17 foreigners and 4 homegrowns, and additional 4 club trained ones if you have, but this wasn't such the case for us recently).

every time i think £50m is too much, i remember that we have sagna/zabs back there, and although i love both of them, they aren't getting any younger/faster/better

I think he's good but I don't think we should buy him, his heart will always be at Barca and Arsenal now and we shouldn't really be forcing buys through like that anymore... lets get young talented and committed to the City cause for the long term for that money.

Have to disagree, I think he would be a very good value buy at £50 mil. Massive potential, an immediate improvement on our starting 11 already and his value will only rise plus it's a position we are in great need of refreshing. On top of all that we are weakening a premier league rival. I would love for this to happen

Not arsed about the price seems to be the norm these days. 50m for 8/10 years is good business.

Can't argue with what you said , 50m does seem to be the norm these days...we got sterling for nearly the same amount , bur he is a forward , who has now started regularly contributing towards goals/ assist.

My only concern would be he may want to go on to barca a few years later too , so we may not get the 8/10 year service ?

Of course , I hope to be wrong and afterall it's not my money :)

Can't argue with what you said , 50m does seem to be the norm these days...we got sterling for nearly the same amount , bur he is a forward , who has now started regularly contributing towards goals/ assist.

My only concern would be he may want to go on to barca a few years later too , so we may not get the 8/10 year service ?

Of course , I hope to be wrong and afterall it's not my money :)

Surely if we sold him on we'd still get a decent sum of money for him

Sign him up we need him

I don't really care about the transfer fee, we need top quality and Bellerin is top quality and he is only 21 (?). Many thought Fernandinho was overpriced at £30m in 2013, but he has been absolute quality. Better to invest in top quality than go for the cheaper route but not get as good quality.

We paid £42M for Mangala after all.........

I think he's good but I don't think we should buy him, his heart will always be at Barca and Arsenal now and we shouldn't really be forcing buys through like that anymore... lets get young talented and committed to the City cause for the long term for that money.
By all accounts he wants to force through a move to City because of Pep.

Every Catalan kid grows up through the academy dreaming of playing for a Barcelona legend like Pep. Better chance of him going to City than Barcelona, IMHO

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.