Help please! - thinking of going to the U.S on hols...

Kazzydeyna

...and the thing is I have a criminal record.

Not for anything major (it was a basic assault 6 years ago for which I received a small fine).

I've been to Florida twice prior to the incident with no problems but in order to travel to the USA I will need a visa.

That's not a big deal, I can apply to the embassy etc.

My concern (and question to anyone who can help) is what are the chances of my getting turned back at the airport in Florida. (Assuming I travel on a visa).

I'm really worried for obvious reasons, and also my partner has no idea about it as it happened before I met her.

They state on their website that visitors may be denied entry to the USA if they have been charged or convicted of an "offence of moral turpitude" (what the hell does THAT mean!???).

Full disclosure, I twatted a guy in a bar that was giving my mate some grief, he had me arrested, I plead guilty etc and was eventually fined.

Can anyone offer any advice? Should I risk travelling or not?

Cheers,

You'll have to fill out an ESTA application.
Make sure it's the official US govt. Once it's all filled in, disclosures and all, it ll tell you if you've been accepted.
If it denies you access, I think there's an appeals process in either London or Belfast where you can have a F2F and plead your case.
I'd suggest you should be O K but your first port of call will be the ESTA programme

<a class="postlink" href="https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/</a>

Complete this form (will cost £14 or £16 but if you are OK, you can enter as many times as you like over a 2 year period)
Don't book anything until you have done this! Takes a few minutes

Here's the bit relating to offences.
Have you ever been arrested or convicted for an offense or crime involving moral turpitude or a violation related to a controlled substance; or have been arrested or convicted for two or more offenses for which the aggregate sentence to confinement was five years or more; or have been a controlled substance trafficker; or are you seeking entry to engage in criminal or immoral activities?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.