Help with Best Man Speech

I get in a cold sweat every time I think about the time I was best man at my mates wedding. High class hotel and all the works. We had just lost another friend a few months before in tragic circumstances so we're all feeling that as well as me being very nervous. I had a few whiskeys to calm me down, followed by a few more when that didn't work. I can't remember anything about what I actually said but I did fall forwards over the main table, grabbed the table cloth to try to stop myself. Destroyed the whole top table fell arse over tit and knocked myself out. Woke up later and the place was rocking. Although what happened went down like a lead balloon. It caused that much chaos that everyone just said screw it and went bonkers. Lots of tears, lots of emotion, lots of drinking and a great time was had by all. It went a bit crackers about 2am in the morning when some of us broke into a store room and liberated a few cases of champaign. That was what got us all barred from that particular Hotel.

The only advice I can give you is stay sober.....

I get in a cold sweat every time I think about the time I was best man at my mates wedding. High class hotel and all the works. We had just lost another friend a few months before in tragic circumstances so we're all feeling that as well as me being very nervous. I had a few whiskeys to calm me down, followed by a few more when that didn't work. I can't remember anything about what I actually said but I did fall forwards over the main table, grabbed the table cloth to try to stop myself. Destroyed the whole top table fell arse over tit and knocked myself out. Woke up later and the place was rocking. Although what happened went down like a lead balloon. It caused that much chaos that everyone just said screw it and went bonkers. Lots of tears, lots of emotion, lots of drinking and a great time was had by all. It went a bit crackers about 2am in the morning when some of us broke into a store room and liberated a few cases of champaign. That was what got us all barred from that particular Hotel.

Hahaha! If that is true, that's fantastic

Fuck me, horrible timing for you all, that sounds scary as fuck. Glad it turned out well in the end...

I will need a couple but need to put a cap on it as I'm doing this for my best pal and don't want to let him down

The majority of guests will like sincerity with the occasional gag. They are really made for each other and all that bollocks. Then "hope the bride and groom enjoy their honeymoon in North Wales. (insert grooms name) has just told me that straight after the reception he's going to Bangor into the middle of next week. Never seen that gag fail

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.