Henning Mankell

bluethrunthru

Author best known over here for the Wallender series of books that were made into tv dramas shown on BBC3 has died from cancer. Diagnosed New Year 2014 and wrote last year how he was getting better - seems he was wrong.

He was also an anti - apartheid protester and pro-Palestinian activist. Did lots of charitable work in Mozambique too

Always enjoyed the tv dramas - except that they started with the later ones first with Krister Henriksson in the title role then showed the Kenneth Branagh remakes with him as Wallander in the very same stories then went back to earlier Swedish series with Rolf Lassgard as Wallander and the same characters played by different actors - very bloody confusing !!!

I think it's just you and me mate (I started a thread about 12hrs ago). Nothing haha. Loved his stuff, but will agree, the three different actors all doing the same things was a bit weird.

Not read any of the books but did enjoy the TV series. Some were better than others, but thought Krister was spot on (later catching Rolf).

I think it's just you and me mate (I started a thread about 12hrs ago). Nothing haha. Loved his stuff, but will agree, the three different actors all doing the same things was a bit weird.

Ha 12 hours ago - did you kill him !!?? Don't think it was reported in some of our press until 9 hours ago............... hang on I can see a Wallander episode in this Lol !!

Interesting and sad story about the lass who played Linda - Johanna Sallstrom. Committed suicide after suffering from depression - survivors guilt after being caught in the Boxing Day Tsunami.

Nina Zanjani who came in to play Isabelle after her death is quite a fitty too it has to be said

Really enjoyed the different Wallander episodes but as was said the jumping around from production to production was very messy on BBC4.

Ha 12 hours ago - did you kill him !!?? Don't think it was reported in some of our press until 9 hours ago............... hang on I can see a Wallander episode in this Lol !!

Interesting and sad story about the lass who played Linda - Johanna Sallstrom. Committed suicide after suffering from depression - survivors guilt after being caught in the Boxing Day Tsunami.

Nina Zanjani who came in to play Isabelle after her death is quite a fitty too it has to be said

Always wondered why that actor changed, just figured it must have been a contractual thing. And yes, Isabelle, gotta love those Nordic beauties (although I believe she's Iranian actually haha!)

That is a shame to hear about Henning dying.
I have read all of his Wallander books and have enjoyed the series.
For me, Ralf Lassegard is the best actor in the Wallander role. Maybe it is because I caught his versions first but IMO he gets the character of the fictional detective spot on.

That is a shame to hear about Henning dying.
I have read all of his Wallander books and have enjoyed the series.
For me, Ralf Lassegard is the best actor in the Wallander role. Maybe it is because I caught his versions first but IMO he gets the character of the fictional detective spot on.

You are probably right - I have to say though I do think in their original Swedish the shows are superb. For some subbies are an issue but I find that they force you to watch and become immersed in the story - I found Inspector Montalbano much the same - the subbies made me watch "harder" as it were

Always wondered why that actor changed, just figured it must have been a contractual thing. And yes, Isabelle, gotta love those Nordic beauties (although I believe she's Iranian actually haha!)

ha ha ha - with you there - actually if you consider todays conference reports I feel that the Tories need to watch an episode of Wallender with Isabelle in it to appreciate the full benefits of immigration !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.