Holidays

Why would u take a dog on a ship and put it in kennels?

I guess people who are traveling to the US or to Europe who are seeing family or whatever and can't fly them across the Atlantic.

Or people moving either side of the Atlantic or wherever else QM2 is sailing.

We met a US soldier who had been based in Germany for 4 years who was sailing back to the States with his family and 2 dogs, as in moving back home.

Never been on a cruise but we’ve booked to go in 2025 on QM2 as we can take our dogs.I take it you recommend it as you’ve booked again any tips?

I've thought of a couple of things...

If you wear a watch, make sure it's one that you can change the time easily with because there's four 25 hour days. There was in June anyway.

If you have any sort of onward travel plans from New York, have a backup plan incase you arrive late due to any medical emergencies. We had 2, with one that severe we had to detour to Halifax in Canada and dock there to get the patient off. Canadian rescue services couldn't come out to the QM2 to rescue them because of how thick the fog was, which meant we arrived 9 hours late into New York, screwing up people's connecting flights etc. The other emergency happened after the first hour at sea so that was anchor down while the British Emergency services came on board.

If you didn't know, there's a shit load of travel vlogs that people have filmed onboard on YouTube, so you can get a good feel for it all by watching them.

Nice mate. Yeah, we enjoyed the calmness and the constant flow of delicious food before the fast life of New York, and the people you meet on there.

I'd recommend asking to remove your gratuities at the pursers office unless you're happy to pay a daily percentage towards staff. I'm just a bit sceptical it's lining other pockets, I'll tip people myself if they deserve it haha.

I don't really wanna say too much so you can experience it yourself. Like with everything, it's what you make of it. I guarantee you'll be disorientated at first until you find your bearings.

And you'll meet people, typically Americans and Canadians who've been traveling around on it for weeks because they left New York to sail around Europe and they're on their way back home. It's also interesting listening to what people are doing after the QM2. Rich, retired people going off on an adventure or seeing relatives all over North America. We met some interesting people.

The dress code isn't strict during the day. You just need to put a shirt and trousers on in the evening and if you wanna take part in the 2 gala evenings, then it's tuxedo time. We ate in the Britannia Restaurant for both of those nights and absolutely ravaged the Kings Court buffet for the rest of the voyage. I've never eaten so much in a week. It's disgusting, but absolutely can't wait to do it again haha.
Thanks for the info

I guess people who are traveling to the US or to Europe who are seeing family or whatever and can't fly them across the Atlantic.

Or people moving either side of the Atlantic or wherever else QM2 is sailing.

We met a US soldier who had been based in Germany for 4 years who was sailing back to the States with his family and 2 dogs, as in moving back home.
Why would u take a dog on a ship and put it in kennels?
It’s much safer for the dogs than being in the hold on a plane plus you get to see them everyday and can walk them.We are going to be in the states for a long time
so it’s the best way of getting them there in my opinion.

I've thought of a couple of things...

If you wear a watch, make sure it's one that you can change the time easily with because there's four 25 hour days. There was in June anyway.

If you have any sort of onward travel plans from New York, have a backup plan incase you arrive late due to any medical emergencies. We had 2, with one that severe we had to detour to Halifax in Canada and dock there to get the patient off. Canadian rescue services couldn't come out to the QM2 to rescue them because of how thick the fog was, which meant we arrived 9 hours late into New York, screwing up people's connecting flights etc. The other emergency happened after the first hour at sea so that was anchor down while the British Emergency services came on board.

If you didn't know, there's a shit load of travel vlogs that people have filmed onboard on YouTube, so you can get a good feel for it all by watching them.
Thanks, fortunately we‘re flexible with our travel arrangements when we dock in NY ,so although a delay is a pain it shouldnt impact on us too much.
yes I’ve seen some of YT vlogs.

we travel in May so the time changes will probably be the same for us.

Just been to Morgan in Gran Canaria. Pleasant. I am not the worlds best holidaymaker. Seems a lot of faff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.