Holidays

It's amazing.
You get mithered a bit.
Only resort really is kololi/senegambia .
Basically two roads they call the strip with bars and restaurants.
Cheap as chips.
Great people
Thanks.

I'm not really a resort person, so I'm more interested in which geographical areas would be best to visit, and where I could rent a private property with pool etc. and explore a bit from there.

Somewhere safe and accessible for a family (or would you recommend not going outside the resorts with kids)?

Is it easy enough to hire a car, and are the roads OK?

Thanks for your reply - I really like the look of The Gambia.

Careful I left the sunbed on Fuertventura for the Palace game.
I’ve got a good track record in The Harp. My favourite was when we played v Arsenal possibly New Years Day a couple of seasons back and Rodri scored in the dying seconds. The Tarquins were moaning and crying like f@ck, I was jumping around and loving it

Thanks.

I'm not really a resort person, so I'm more interested in which geographical areas would be best to visit, and where I could rent a private property with pool etc. and explore a bit from there.

Somewhere safe and accessible for a family (or would you recommend not going outside the resorts with kids)?

Is it easy enough to hire a car, and are the roads OK?

Thanks for your reply - I really like the look of The Gambia.
Plenty of places to rent very easily.
Not so sure about hire car though .
It's a really safe place to visit

Booked a flight back to the homeland for a visit in May.

Hopefully manage to get in a game of cricket again. Complete some projects my father didn’t manage to finish before his departure. Bought tickets to see Nickelback in Brum and planning to visit the Sea Life Centre while there. Might even check out Status Quo in Wolverhampton as I haven’t seen them for just over 127 years. Hopefully go down to Cheddar Gorge, because I haven’t been since I was a kid and fancy a visit again.

A cousin is into metal detecting, so I want to take him to a couple of old derelict overgrown cottages from the 1800’s I know, just to poke around and see if we can turn anything up.

Shelsley Hill Climb has a British Hill Climb Championship event on while I’m there, so that’s on the to-do list as well. Check out a bit of ancestry stuff. Meet up with a bunch of cousins for our usual dinner at an Indian somewhere, which we do whenever I'm over.

And, just enjoy the beautiful English countryside.

It’ll be nice to go to a real pub as well......really nice.

Did 3 days in disney paris over new year

A knackering 3 days but so worth it for the kids.

Had first day in paris. Fucked up really. After a 2.30am alarm and a 6am flight from ringway we got to the hotel at disney, dumped bags and got the train into paris where we planned to do a bus tour and go up the tower. We had pre booked tickets for it.
we walked from the arc de triomphe down to the tower and thought it was a dump. Litter and dog shite every where.
No where to get some lunch so got €10 hotdogs from some disheveled xmas market

The area round the tower isnt pleasant, being mithered every 5 mins to buy a plastic tower and being constantly warned about pick pockets puts you on edge . Had half an hour to kill so i fancied a beer. €15 for a large beer! No ta.
With security and queuing it took 3 hours to get to the lift of the tower which takes u half way. At which point me and the kids bottled going to the top. So a mooch for half an hour then down.
Too fuckin knackered to do the bus tour by now so back through the dog shite and litter to the train station and back to the hotel for a €9 pint in the hotel.

Disneyland itself is busy, its what it is, lots of queuing, no where decent to scran for 3 days but the kids loved it and to see their faces makes it totally worth it.

Wouldnt go again though as its a costly trip.

Paris itself i probably need to go back to as my current opinion of the tiny bit i saw isnt great

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.