Holidays

I had 2 nights in Blackpool (golf trip) and 2 nights in Istanbul last year, that was it. This year i was hoping to do a Far East trip, either travelling by internal flights/trains or a Cruise. However the costs, just like everything else are just increasing at a ridiculous rate. I’ll have to reverse my retirement if things get much worse.

I’m not one for lying on a sun lounger or beach so my options are limited, any recommendations for decently priced holidays?
We currently have four Haven short break four nighter's booked, and one ten nighter for the back end of September at Porthmadog. Porthmadog looks a really nice resort and is at the gateway to the Snowdonia national park (the Welsh have now renamed it in their own tongue just to be awkward .. but hey ho and nay mither). Caravans booked range from Silver to Gold with wrap around balconys and in more scenic/pleasant part of their parks.

Great value holidays for staycations and some lovely areas of the countryside to visit. The Devon Cliffs site is Par-Excellent set just outside the beautiful town of Exmouth.

Tenerife on the cards for May, as its the best value time to visit. Its when the so called pensioner snowbirds return back home after their long winter vacation, so good deals abound.

As your a golfer I can highly recommend Golf De Sur just a 20 minute bus ride up the road from Cristianos. A very nice course and a very nice resort, but no actual beach persay. Los Abrigos next door is magical for dining out.

Last edited:
We currently have four Haven short break four nighters booked and one ten nighter for the back end of September at Porthmadog. Porthmadog looks a really nice resort and is at the gateway to the Snowdonia national park (the Welsh have now renamed it in their own tongue just to be awkward .. but hey ho and nay mither). Caravans booked all range from Silver to Gold with wrap around balconys and in more scenic/pleasant part of their parks.

Great value holidays for staycations and some lovely areas of the countryside to visit. The Devon Cliffs site is Par-Excellent set just outside the beautiful town of Exmouth.

Tenerife on the cards for May, as its the best value time to visit. Its when the so called pensioner snowbirds return back home after their long winter vacation, so good deals abound.

As your a golfer I can heartily recommend Golf De Sur just a 20 minute bus ride up the road from Cristianos. A very nice course and a very nice resort but no actual beach persay. Los Abrigos next door is magical for dining out.
Much appreciated, thank you.

Anyone with any recommendations for any 5 star All Inclusive resorts in either Mexico, Dom Rep or Europe? Going with two kids (7 and 3) probably end of May.

Narrowed it down to about 5 choices, but then you go on trip advisor and all of them have bad reviews of some sort which put you off (I know this will be the case wherever we choose), so just seeing if anyone on here has had some great holidays?
Going to Catalonia playa maroma in Mexico in June. Great reviews

Tribute bands in the Dorm are alive and well even in January, with a full house in the Western Saloon for an early door session to watch Liam Gallagher. A really great set from the lad.

Can you imagine, just for a second, that there was no Beni, and all a tourist could do was visit run down ancient ruins and bombed out buildings. It doesn't bear thinking about : /

Last edited:
Tribute bands in the Dorm are alive and well even in January, with a full house in the Western Saloon for an early door session to watch Liam Gallagher perform.. a really great set from the lad.

Can you imagine, just for a second, that there was no Beni, and all a tourist could do was visit run down ancient ruins and bombed out buildings. It doesn't bear thinking about : /

Christ. If I ended up there I'd have thought I had died and been sent downstairs.

Tribute bands in the Dorm are alive and well even in January, with a full house in the Western Saloon for an early door session to watch Liam Gallagher perform.. a great set from the lad.

We should play that song at the end of a derby match after smacking them

Anyone with any recommendations for any 5 star All Inclusive resorts in either Mexico, Dom Rep or Europe? Going with two kids (7 and 3) probably end of May.

Narrowed it down to about 5 choices, but then you go on trip advisor and all of them have bad reviews of some sort which put you off (I know this will be the case wherever we choose), so just seeing if anyone on here has had some great holidays?
We've stayed at the Bahia Principe resort in Mexico on the Riviera Maya.

They had 4 hotels on the resort, and we stayed at the Akumal resort.

Couldn't recommend it enough we had an amazing time on both occasions.

Not sure if there are better hotels than this that might be a bit more kid-friendly but there were plenty of kids around.

Tribute bands in the Dorm are alive and well even in January, with a full house in the Western Saloon for an early door session to watch Liam Gallagher perform.. a great set from the lad.

Western Saloon has finally reopened then?
Last time I heard it had been demolished and rebuilding was taking forever
Covid might have been a large contributing factor
Love Beni for 3/4 nights

We've stayed at the Bahia Principe resort in Mexico on the Riviera Maya.

They had 4 hotels on the resort, and we stayed at the Akumal resort.

Couldn't recommend it enough we had an amazing time on both occasions.

Not sure if there are better hotels than this that might be a bit more kid-friendly but there were plenty of kids around.

We actually stayed at that hotel on our Honeymoon in 2013, had a great time!

Booked somewhere in Rhodes now, neither of us have been before, so somewhere else to tick off!

We actually stayed at that hotel on our Honeymoon in 2013, had a great time!

Booked somewhere in Rhodes now, neither of us have been before, so somewhere else to tick off!
Enjoy, used to do Rhodes once or twice a year for a good 10 years upto Covid, a beautiful place to visit.

Great island but a little expensive compared to some other islands and the airport there can be a nightmare.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.