Home form

Marvin

Home:
Win 8, Drawn 6, Lost 1
Away: Won 11, Drawn 1, Lost 5

Goals scored at home: 27
Goals scored away: 36

I heard our away form has equalled a club record. Not sure if true

How do you explain it? Clubs come to City and just defend their penalty box. At home they have to attack sometimes and when they do we can incise them like KDB and Sane did on the counter. What a goal that was.

Nothing to worry about. It's just teething issues getting to grips with Peps system. At least 4 of the drawn/lost games have been due to the ref screwing us over as well.

Very frustrating to be honest, we got shafted by Taylor vs Chelsea and them 3 draws on the spin vs boro, Everton and Southampton plus the Spurs draw have killed our challenge.
Had we won say 3 of these we would be in with a shout of the title. Hopefully these small details will be eradicated next term.

Nothing to worry about. It's just teething issues getting to grips with Peps system. At least 4 of the drawn/lost games have been due to the ref screwing us over as well.
I would have thought refs would do us more away than at home

I think it points to inability to open up packed defences and the extra space that opponents get when they counter on us.

The low number of City goals at home is remarkable. 27 from 15. That's mid-table. WBA and Bournemouth have 27 goals at home. That's around half the figure we got when we won our league titles.

Very frustrating to be honest, we got shafted by Taylor vs Chelsea and them 3 draws on the spin vs boro, Everton and Southampton plus the Spurs draw have killed our challenge.
Had we won say 3 of these we would be in with a shout of the title. Hopefully these small details will be eradicated next term.
Much as I agree that we have been hit by bad reffing, the scale of the drop off in goals at home is massive

We've always had a hard time from refs and the FA. This time we haven't been good enough to overcome it. We need more goalscorers in the team.

3-4 seasons ago we had several goal scorers. Now we are reliant on Aguero and latterly Sane.

I think Sane's pace on the counter may explain in part why we are so good away. Also Sterling. We don't have so much space at home to exploit. I can't recall us scoring a goal like that Sane goal at home. It's very rare that a team attacks us and leaves defenders on the half way line.

I would have thought refs would do us more away than at home

I think it points to inability to open up packed defences and the extra space that opponents get when they counter on us.

The low number of City goals at home is remarkable. 27 from 15. That's mid-table. WBA and Bournemouth have 27 goals at home. That's around half the figure we got when we won our league titles.

That's why you need fast full backs which we'll be getting the Summer. It's the most direct way of beating a packed defence

I think we've struggled to break down packed defences. Teams set up against us happy to go back with a 0-0, so there's less space in the attacking third.

We've also had some truly awful (cheating?) ref decisions, particularly against Chelsea and Spurs. And we didn't help ourselves missing two pens against Everton.

I fear there may have been some arrogance and complacency at home too, we have so much possession it sometimes looks like the players believe a City goal is just a matter of time, then as we miss more and more chances or are denied a clear pen, we get more desperate as the game goes on, plus it gives the away side belief they can get something.

The key for me is absolutely unleashing it in the first twenty mins or so of every home game. In their faces, pressing, shoot on sight, get the crowd going and give refs decisions to make in the opponents box. No slow, turgid possession that doesn't go anywhere, save that for when we are two or three goals up

Much as I agree that we have been hit by bad reffing, the scale of the drop off in goals at home is massive

We've always had a hard time from refs and the FA. This time we haven't been good enough to overcome it. We need more goalscorers in the team.

3-4 seasons ago we had several goal scorers. Now we are reliant on Aguero and latterly Sane.

I think Sane's pace on the counter may explain in part why we are so good away. Also Sterling. We don't have so much space at home to exploit. I can't recall us scoring a goal like that Sane goal at home. It's very rare that a team attacks us and leaves defenders on the half way line.

I agree with you but I mentioned on here that much as I love Pep he needs to get more nasty as the FA have had an agenda against MCFC for a long time now and it's getting ridiculous but until someone speaks out they will continue unabated.

Taking the refs decisions out.

Everton - should have won - 2 missed pens.

Boro - not a great performance but at 1-0 up with 3 mins left, a team of our ability should be seeing that one out.

Southampton - fair result but goal conceded was very Sloppy.

Chelsea - de Bruyne horrendous miss cost us the game. Should have won.

Spurs - 2-0 up should have been able to see that one out.

Liverpool - fair result

Stoke - fair result as we didn't do enough.

I agree with the lack of goals though. Too many missed chances and not enough urgency at times, particularly first half.

Refs decisions have been poor but we haven't helped ourselves either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.