Home Makers

schtipps

Are stay at home mothers an expensive luxury in todays financial climate or whats missing from our current society?

schtipps said:

Old forum joke mate, no harm intended. Speaking for my own circumstances, I became ill and had to leave work three years ago. I took my money, invested in retraining and have just been nominated to the board leading a trading arm of the charity which gave me a chance to get back on track by volunteering. Meanwhile, my wife's been out doing a stressful job and I'll admit it, her tea was always on the table. It had to be or she'd go under. If she failed, we both did.

Ten years ago I was a trainee infant teacher. Five years ago I was training to be a paralegal. Now I teach kids and adults gardening. Next week I'm planning a forest. Life's mad but it's a sausage machine. You put shit in, you get shit out.

johnny on the spot said:
schtipps said:

Old forum joke mate, no harm intended. Speaking for my own circumstances, I became ill and had to leave work three years ago. I took my money, invested in retraining and have just been nominated to the board leading a trading arm of the charity which gave me a chance to get back on track by volunteering. Meanwhile, my wife's been out doing a stressful job and I'll admit it, her tea was always on the table. It had to be or she'd go under. If she failed, we both did.

Ten years ago I was a trainee infant teacher. Five years ago I was training to be a paralegal. Now I teach kids and adults gardening. Next week I'm planning a forest. Life's mad but it's a sausage machine. You put shit in, you get shit out.
What an awesome post.

Pigeonho said:
johnny on the spot said:
schtipps said:

What an awesome post.
spot on pidge.

respect johnny.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.