Homegrown rule??

schumey04

can someone please explain the homegrown rule everyone I ask gives a different opinion.

Is it academy players ???

do they have to be English??? or UK born???

Do they have to be in England since a certain age???

how many do we have to have in the squad??

schumey04 said:
can someone please explain the homegrown rule everyone I ask gives a different opinion.

Is it academy players ???

do they have to be English??? or UK born???

Do they have to be in England since a certain age???

how many do we have to have in the squad??

I think it's 8 in your 1st team squad of 25

City are covered already with 13 English 1 Welsh 3 Irish in 1st team Squad

+ Reserves / Youth with 10 English 2 Irish

It just depends on who they name as the 25

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~1797582,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headl ... 82,00.html</a>

Follow the link above to the Premier Leagus and after that its' quite simple ... so here goes:

... home grown ... means any player of any nationality of any age who before the age of 21 completed three seasons at one club in English League Football; the three seasons did not need to be consecutive.

The Squad for next season .... comprises 25 named players of whom a minimum of 8 (eight) must be homegrown (therefore a maximum of 17 "adult" and "foreign" players)

In addition to The Squad ... and club can use an unlimited number of "home grown" players under the age of 21.

THIS, is why the Academy is so important and why we ahve been recruiting players from across the world and will continue to do so.

The Academy is not important just because it's where Micah, Ned, SWP and Superman came from - a fact that they collectively do not seem to realise. The Academy is about The Future .... those four are ex-Academy and will stand or fall based on their current capability, ability and attitude ... IMHO

Cheers

portisheadblue said:
Follow the link above to the Premier Leagus and after that its' quite simple ... so here goes:

... home grown ... means any player of any nationality of any age who before the age of 21 completed three seasons at one club in English League Football; the three seasons did not need to be consecutive.

The Squad for next season .... comprises 25 named players of whom a minimum of 8 (eight) must be homegrown (therefore a maximum of 17 "adult" and "foreign" players)

In addition to The Squad ... and club can use an unlimited number of "home grown" players under the age of 21.

THIS, is why the Academy is so important and why we ahve been recruiting players from across the world and will continue to do so.

The Academy is not important just because it's where Micah, Ned, SWP and Superman came from - a fact that they collectively do not seem to realise. The Academy is about The Future .... those four are ex-Academy and will stand or fall based on their current capability, ability and attitude ... IMHO

Cheers

Thanks that clears it up

So, currently, Onuoha, Richards, Ireland, Bridge, Lescott, Hart, Barry, Bellamy, SWP, Taylor, M.Johnson and A.Johnson would all class as over 21 Home Grown players. 12 already is a good start, means we can afford to offload the likes of Stuart Taylor and still be well over the quota.

i think its a great rule as it means the city team will be built on mainly english/ british players which will benifit the national teams, i mean look at adam johson the only reason hes in the england squad is because we took a chance on him and it paid off

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.