Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

I wasn’t there and didn’t get involved in that kind of thing but know a few who did (on both sides). However, some of those stories regarding the Science Park “off” made for amusing reading. There was also a classic line from a United fan on In The Know - “I must admit that City looked like Braveheart coming across the road”!

Going back to that game, I had a different kind of encounter after the match that day and it turned out to be quite a disturbing one. I got talking to a female City fan from Burnley on Wilmslow Road who I used to randomly bump into every now and then at away games back then. While we were chatting, some short-arsed kid turned up who looked no more than 19 or 20 and although he was only about 6 stone wet through he had all the hooligan gear on. Turned out he was from Burnley too and he and this girl knew each other. He was telling us that he had been at the Slovakia v England game recently where it had booted off inside the ground and to be honest he came across as a bit of a bellend, and I’m guessing even those in hooligan circles would view him that way too, but I thought no more of it afterwards. Anyway, and I’m guessing some who are reading this will know exactly where this is going, several weeks later at a Burnley v Forest game a Forest fan was killed in Burnley town centre by someone who attacked him from behind with a glass IIRC. Lo and behold, the perpetrator was that little scrote of a City fan who I’d bumped into a few weeks earlier.
Yep, the girl is Carla and the lads name escapes me. He was never accepted at City so although a City fan, he went with Burnley’s ‘Suicide Squad’... everybody called him ‘Suicity’ taking the piss.

Crazy.

I know it was a different time and hooliganism was a big draw for people. But jumping on someone's head like that is so unbelievably stupid and dangerous.

He could have ended up killing him and doing 20+ years in prison! For what?!
Think he has done time for it.

Just searched for it and there was a large thread entitled 'Science Park 10 years on' but as you say the link no longer works.
Yeah I remember the thread. TRA was still there, Citizen Frank, Cosmic Dave, CRC, OxBlue, Nijinsky, CHT, Bilbo, Ribble Valley, The Hood, Deal...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.