How do we resolve the Brexit mess?

BBC running report of several holidaymakers being turned back at airport gates due to new passport rules that apply since Brexit.
It doesn't help that airlines allow passengers to check in online with no mention of the ten year from issue rule.
To summarise: Passports are only valid for ten years from issue, any time added from previous passports is no longer counted so the stated expiry date is irrelevant. The amount of time that must remain after the trip various depending on destination.
This is for Europe. I'm not sure about travelling to other areas.

Its an EU rule only. It was pointed out in the run up to the vote but as ever was denied as Project Fear.

I find it funny as fuck that someone old enough to have gone to the post office years ago and got themselves a cheap 1 year card board passport to nip to Magaluf or Benidorm in the 80's now have an expensive but useless passport to do the same thing.

Discussed this with my nouveau riche brother in law recently who was moaning that his best bet for a holiday was beyond the EU where his passport would be accepted but at much more cost. I pointed out to him if it costs him more to travel what does he think that does to the cost of imports from beyond the EU at which point I got nothing sensible back just a rant about the EU punishing us for leaving.

sorry - but this is why Brexiters get called stupid. They come up with simple answers for complex questions (normally in that voice) and cannot understand why the world does not revolve around their entitlement - won't bore anyone with the dozen or so holes that can be shot through his statement

sorry - but this is why Brexiters get called stupid. They come up with simple answers for complex questions (normally in that voice) and cannot understand why the world does not revolve around their entitlement - won't bore anyone with the dozen or so holes that can be shot through his statement

Not the same situation, but should be shared with any Brexit idiot.

Countries don't escalate to war over trivial matters.

Not the same situation, but should be shared with any Brexit idiot.

Countries don't escalate to war over trivial matters.

Particularly when the matter is only really troubling one of the belligerents and they brought the matter upon themselves by their own actions

Christ. Talk about thick as pig shit. Sums up the journalistic bastion that is The S*n.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.