how long to get home

Got back about an hour ago, ;-)

Slicker than Sommeil said:
After the game we went into Mayfair for drinks and got the 8.15pm train back, home by 10.30.

Ha! So they didn't close the posh bars then. We headed to Baker St on the tube after the match only to find the Met had ordered every pub in the area to close at 4pm. WTF was that all about?

got the u/g back to Uxbridge (very nice place btw), had a couple of scoops and got back to Manchester just before 10pm.

you lucky buggers! 1am for me back to Durham. Terrible M1 traffic, awful weather and a stop at every service station mind

Train to Watford. Then train to Milton Keynes, then train to Picc.

Back by 8:20pm but then had to wait 10 minutes for a cab.

We got back to Audenshaw at 9.10. We got on the M1 just before 5 and a couple of stops. 17 seater minibus so pretty happy with that.

Got back at 10pm on Sunday night.

Traffic was terrible on the M1. The M6 was clear.

Straight through, no stops.

If you are in a car then I'm in the M40 group. Done it every time except one so far and it's always been clear. Refused to pay £8.90 for two stops on the tube, so got the bus instead from Harrow On The Hill. No other passengers going/coming back from the match, so breezed it. Noticed some blue fans parking for free near Wembley Central (because it was Sunday), not sure what the getaway was like from there though.

Had to drop my daughter off at uni in Leicester
Nightmare trip up the M1.
Got home at 10:30. Knackered today but very very happy.

GaudinosWheels said:
Our coach got back to the Etihad at about 10:30pm. Decent journey back but the hardest part by far was was getting away from Wembley, we did 1 mile in the first hour!

Wish we'd done a mile in the first hour. From about 4.28 to 5.28 we shifted position in the car park! A friend who had parked in the multi-storey had got to Watford by the time we were getting onto the M1. But I got home for the highlights!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.