How long will you give the new manager?

mammutly

I think we saw this season that there isn't much room for error in the league or in the cup competitions. Is it a bit optimistic to expect the new manager to start winning games from day one?

The bar does seem to have been set at a very high level now and it's quite worrying how that probably translates into results. If we win most games, draw a couple and lose one or two then we will not be top of the league come Christmas and might be 5, 6 or even 8 points off the pace. If this happens there is no real need to panic, particularly if we have a long term plan. But in reality, the knives will definitely be long out and probably already sharpened.

It concerns me that new manager in fact has no time. We either win or he's gone. I'm not talking long term here, because if we are not still in very close contention for the title come December I don't see how his position will not be under threat.

I really hope the new guy is a great success for City, but will we, will the club, give him the time to really show us what he can do?

The club will give him a lot longer than the fans.

Personally I am happy to give the manager time to implement his own ideas and get the team how he wants it. We had to wait to see the best of the team under Mancini so this should be no different.

CTID101 said:
The club will give him a lot longer than the fans.

Personally I am happy to give the manager time to implement his own ideas and get the team how he wants it. We had to wait to see the best of the team under Mancini so this should be no different.

I disagree. Mancini was breaking new ground and that gave him time.
The new manager has a proven squad of players and has been given the task of getting more out of them. His criteria for success is surely to at least match what Mancini achieved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.