How much do City train?

I'd guess that there are quite a few theory sessions that take up some time with Pep as boss.

90 mins, 2hrs max. Warm up, daily routine depending on day of week and last game/next game, tactics, get some running in. Done.

At this time of the season, with a Sat-Weds-Sat schedule, Sunday warm down for players, training for non-players. *Monday light training at most, possibly film, treatment, massage, special routines. Tuesday, light training, tactics. If away game on Weds, travel in afternoon. Weds, light session in the late morning, lunch & nap.

*The SECOND day after a match is more difficult for the players than the day after. They’re stiffer, sorer, etc 36-48 hrs after, so that day is crucial for seeing where each player is physically.

In the meantime, players will have specific videos pushed to their personal devices for viewing.

Lather, rinse, repeat!

i like all the scheduled naps.

*The SECOND day after a match is more difficult for the players than the day after. They’re stiffer, sorer, etc 36-48 hrs after, so that day is crucial for seeing where each player is physically.

Have to disagree here CB. Having been an athlete. Any decent athlete who is fit will not be 'stiffer, sorer' 36-48 hours after. Tired maybe after a very hard game and hence recovery is very important but certainly not stiff and sore. Stiffness and sore comes from lactic acid build up on the muscles hence the need for a good warm down routine and massage. Followed by a recovery routine.

Have to disagree here CB. Having been an athlete. Any decent athlete who is fit will not be 'stiffer, sorer' 36-48 hours after. Tired maybe after a very hard game and hence recovery is very important but certainly not stiff and sore. Stiffness and sore comes from lactic acid build up on the muscles hence the need for a good warm down routine and massage. Followed by a recovery routine.
Merely recalling my own (professional) football career. Granted, I wasn’t nearly as fit as City players, and I’m in my 50s now, so YMMV.

FWIW...
Research shows that Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) is caused by microscopic damage to muscles and the surrounding connective tissues, which leads to inflammation and shifts of fluid and electrolytes. When your body starts to repair the damage, you begin feeling sore.

What Is DOMS?
Unlike acute soreness, which is pain that starts while you’re exercising, DOMS usually begins 12 to 24 hours after your workout, with the greatest pain felt anywhere from one to three days later, explains Carol Wilder, M.D., a family and sports medicine physician at The Sports Medicine Clinic at UW Medicine in Ballard.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t have thought DOMS would be an issue for today’s Premier League footballers. Their bodies will be conditioned to playing at a certain intensity for the required amount of time.

I imagine DOMS will only be an issue if they go above what their bodies have become accustomed too.

I’m sure City are all over this. With individual player programs for exercise and nutrition. I think there is even a cryotherapy chamber at the training ground.

I wouldn’t have thought DOMS would be an issue for today’s Premier League footballers. Their bodies will be conditioned to playing at a certain intensity for the required amount of time.

I imagine DOMS will only be an issue if they go above what their bodies have become accustomed too.

I’m sure City are all over this. With individual player programs for exercise and nutrition. I think there is even a cryotherapy chamber at the training ground.
My concern, and reason for the comment, was that the players are playing very high intensity games with increasing frequency after an already long season, thus pushing themselves into uncharted territory...as we have seen with the high number of muscle injuries from over-exertion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.