How much do we owe SWP ?

give it to gordon

Team supported
Manchester City
if Shaun hadnt agreed to go to Chelsea there's are very good chance City wouldnt be here.

He clearly never wanted to leave City but knew he had to to save City.

Its easy to think of players that have done great things for the club but surely SWP agreeing to leave is up there.

Only an 'interim' move. He probably knew he was coming back. Memory doesn't inform me whether or not we bucked up when he came back. I'd have to look up whether his goal that beat Tim Howard all ends up, with the added beauty of the underside of the bar, was pre- or post-CFC.

if Shaun hadnt agreed to go to Chelsea there's are very good chance City wouldnt be here.

Its easy to think of players that have done great things for the club but surely SWP agreeing to leave is up there.
Even more importantly he signed a new contract knowing he would be sold just before so that we got maximum value for him. His Dad was his agent so again you have to respect him as he could easily have said don't sign it. The 20 mill or so fee was in one immediate payment and that stopped us going bust

He didn't get a choice - turns out about £15m. But he did get recompensed too.

It’s easy to think of players that have done great things for the club but surely SWP agreeing to leave is up there.
I’m pretty certain, Gary Flitcroft was
In the same position. When we sold him to
Blackburn

I don’t think we owe any player anything, they get well paid for doing what they love and we go and watch them play because we love City..

I love SWP, brilliant player and a great lad too …
I’d like to see more of him as a pundit ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.