How much do we owe to Yaya?

Raw power was only half the equasion.,limo

Delicate ball control and extremely high technical ability comes into any Yaya discussion.

I can remember being at Old Trafford and watching him on the halfway line,left side, Wayne Rooney,full of dickhead aggression came up snapping at Yayas heels in a vain attempt to win the ball..Yaya kept the ball tied to his foot ,and kept spinning round and round ,effortlessly moving away from yard dog Rooney and making him look like a Sunday league player.

Finally Yaya got bored ...and decided to glide away like a rolls Royce leaving shrek stranded,before playing a brilliant pass to a forward who was in on goal facing the Stretford end.
Ref pulled it back for some imaginary reason.
Absolutely brilliant to watch.
Sums up a lot of things there Dennis. Yaya’s brilliance, Shrek’s disgustingness, ref cheatingness.

Last edited:
Yaya, one of the finest footballers I have ever seen, on his day he won games on his own. He had everything, he could play in any position , he was decent in the air, his vision was superb, his dribbling was outrageous and his dead ball skills were exceptional.

Him and Kev are the closest players I have seen to my hero Colin Bell.

I met him outside the Etihad with a friend and her young son who was starstruck, Yaya was so humble and kind with her lad, took time to talk to him, have pictures taken and signed his shirt whilst other more illustrious players just jumped in their cars and fucked off.

Look at old tunnel cams and see the respect that other teams players had for Yaya, he was an almost god like figure to some and along with Drogba they were the first African superstars of the PL, yet i see him being denigrated by some posters on here. Without us signing Yaya I oubt others would have signed, he was the catalyst and deserves far more respect than he gets.

I am not even going to bother with the media nonsense. What he did on the pitch is what matters and on there he was supreme.

Yaya, one of the finest footballers I have ever seen, on his day he won games on his own. He had everything, he could play in any position , he was decent in the air, his vision was superb, his dribbling was outrageous and his dead ball skills were exceptional.

Him and Kev are the closest players I have seen to my hero Colin Bell.

I met him outside the Etihad with a friend and her young son who was starstruck, Yaya was so humble and kind with her lad, took time to talk to him, have pictures taken and signed his shirt whilst other more illustrious players just jumped in their cars and fucked off.

Look at old tunnel cams and see the respect that other teams players had for Yaya, he was an almost god like figure to some and along with Drogba they were the first African superstars of the PL, yet i see him being denigrated by some posters on here. Without us signing Yaya I oubt others would have signed, he was the catalyst and deserves far more respect than he gets.

I am not even going to bother with the media nonsense. What he did on the pitch is what matters and on there he was supreme.
Yaya said "Cake-Gate" was his biggest regret in football. That & accusing Pep of being racist fucked his City legacy.

If not for these grave errors, he'd have had a statue alongside the other City greats, & this is another of his regrets.

He said the mess he made of his off field City career continues to haunt him. He said people still yell "CAKE" & laugh at him when he visits Africa & his countrymen won't let him live it down.

He tried to lay the blame on Dimitri Seluk, but later admitted personal responsibility for going along with it. Gutted for Yaya's City legacy, but hopefully it serves as a lesson to current & future City players.

We're no longer that team who begged Tevez to stay, & ceded to any of his ridiculous demands to keep him at The Etihad.

The most frightening mixture of sheer power and gossamer-like touch that I have ever seen in any footballer. An absolute monster who terrorized the opposition, not to mention his iconic goals.

A huge part of our growth as a superpower. But not quite at legendary status because of his behaviour at the end that tarnished his legacy. What a pity.

Still though; thank you Yaya for all you did for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.