How much do we owe to Yaya?

Yaya running through the opposition like a runaway train, their players bouncing off him.
His free kicks. Everyone knew where they were going, but no keeper could stop them (probably not even 2 keepers!).
His penalties.
The F.A.Cup sf goal.
And his love for City.
He never beat anyone up or raped anybody, I know cakegate was a blot on his copybook but a horrible character? Really??
More to thank him for than be angry, much more....

P.S. Yaya, Yaya, Yaya, Yaya, Kolo Toure.....
He falsely accused someone of racism. Bit of a C*nts trick in my opinion.

Yaya was something special in terms of being a man of the moment, You just knew if Yaya scored it would be a very big goal and City would win, Sometimes lazy or the game was not big enough for him, A Big game player without a doubt and a legend without a statue

Wouldn't it have been down to Yaya to tell his agent to STFU? The tail wagging the dog there?
It would for some I don't disagree and maybe by the time he got to his later years at City he could/should have had enough backbone.
But perhaps not for some footballers in their cosseted world where they hardly have to think of mundane stuff like what to eat, what to wear, where to go, just play football. You'd be expecting them to think for themselves, and we might think of some who haven't had a thought worth noting for a long time.
Yaya plucked from a poor family of 9 in Africa and landed up in European football hierarchy with millions in the bank for himself, family and causes back in Ivory Coast.
We don't know how he looked on his agent, likely as a surrogate father figure who had manoeuvred him to a world of untold riches and glory. I'm sure it would have taken a hell of a lot to tell him to STFU.

Despite all that, he probably attracted others to consider joining him at City and take them seriously.

Like Tevez, he’ll always be slightly tainted for me for a few reasons but was still unplayable on his day.

You’ve got to find a way to win a match with the players you’ve got and Yaya grabbing a game by the scruff of its neck was fine for a while!

He was pivotal in luring other international players to the club at the time, like Silva and Sergio.

Players so good you ought to wake up each morning delighted to go to work.....

On the pitch, he was a big game player. Showed that, i ll always treasure that time.

Sadly my abiding memories of him are him spending a Champions League semi final not breaking into a run once, crying about not getting a birthday cake and accusing our greatest ever manager of racism. Great player on his day but a pure mercenary. I'd put Fernandinho and Rodri way above him in my list. From 2010 to 2014 he was superb.

Yaya Toure had the presence, the charisma, the leadership, the talent and the arrogance we required when we were trying to break free from years and years of failure. He kickstarted the process to turn City into the successful giant it is today. Turned up in the semis and final to win the FA cup for us. Turned up against a high flying, champions league chasing Newcastle and scored 2 bangers to put us in the driving seat for the league title. I was devastated and fearing the worst when he was substituted against QPR. His absence was felt in the 2nd half that day but thankfully Edin and Sergio made that day one of the most happiest days of my life.

Yaya is an absolute legend of City, nobody can deny that. His antics denied him the status that Vinny, Kun and Merlin got with us. Still he had a massive influence in making City what it is today. We as fans can't and shouldn't forget his contributions to our club.

Plus, his song is one of the best chants to be ever made! Absolute carnage!

Throw him a birthday cake, then forget about him. A good football player, but has a bad mindset. He's not that different much from Cancelo.

On the day we win triple with Pep and you throw in Yaya here? That guy accused Pep of racism and all of the nonsense that unsettle the team. And I agree with Pep, no matter how good your talent is, having a bad attitude and unsettling the team just make the team as a whole team get worse, he deserved to get booted.
Ridiculous, he is one of the best midfiled players to have worn the shirt.

His 20 premier league goals and 9 assists in 2013/14 in 35 appearances from central midfield is probably the finest individual season of any midfielder? And we won the league! At times it was like watching a man against boys.
Not good enough to win footballer of the year mind you!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.