How to discipline a 2 and 1/2 year old...

My daughter has refused to sit down while eating and, when I've put her back in her seat, hit me in the face!! Told her off in a firm but not shouty manner and she threw it all over the floor and gave me a look of disgust - ha!!

Launch into full-on Food Fight.

nippers are attention craving little people. Ignore her. Silent treatment will be worse than getting cross with her. Put her to bed and act like she doesnt exist while carrying on as normal until tomorrow.

Give the little fooked a slap. I know it's not PC, but worked way back in my day. Buggers have no respect these days

My daughter's 2 next month although started the terrible two's earlier. Luckily the Mrs and I both sing from the same hymn sheet when it comes to discipline.

It's quite simple and they learn very fast - you just have to ignore bad behaviour and reward good behaviour. When ours has a tantrum we walk away - any intention you give to bad behaviour is giving them the attention they want. Don't over use the word no.

If she's throwing her food on the floor don't give her anymore or react to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.