How to turn Men down....

Bigga said:
A woman wrote those.

Women are sh*t at comedy as a rule.

I do think woman struggle with comedy. They tend to take themselves (and life) too seriously but it stems from your childhood. I remember growing up Dad would be the daft one, messing around, telling jokes etc and mum just said "oh grow up" so as a girl growing up my female role model didnt encourage comedy in a woman.

Men are more laid back about life and dont take anything seriously so i think they find it easier to find humour in things.

At the moment my favourite comedian is Lee Evans - his humour is so simple. All he talks about is normal things that women do - like candles everywhere "just as ornaments". Its hilarious because I know I do the same thing but its not until you see it through a guys eyes that you can see the funny side of it.

Maybe its supposed to be that way (opposites attract etc), men have the humour and women are serious and together they balance each other out - she makes him take some things seriously and he makes her laugh.....

bluemoonchick said:
Bigga said:
A woman wrote those.

I do think woman struggle with comedy. They tend to take themselves (and life) too seriously but it stems from your childhood. I remember growing up Dad would be the daft one, messing around, telling jokes etc and mum just said "oh grow up" so as a girl growing up my female role model didnt encourage comedy in a woman.

Men are more laid back about life and dont take anything seriously so i think they find it easier to find humour in things.

At the moment my favourite comedian is Lee Evans - his humour is so simple. All he talks about is normal things that women do - like candles everywhere "just as ornaments". Its hilarious because I know I do the same thing but its not until you see it through a guys eyes that you can see the funny side of it.

Maybe its supposed to be that way (opposites attract etc), men have the humour and women are serious and together they balance each other out - she makes him take some things seriously and he makes her laugh.....

So THATS why I'm single! Some of us women don't have a serious bone in our body and that includes YOU missus! I think we're both too wild for these boys Manda, don't you? x

was chatting this girl up one night, we were getting up close and i went to whisper sweet nothings in her ear, when in front of my mates and hers, asked me quite loudly had i been eating onions, i had to make a sharp exit and i have taken severe stick for years.

blue_bird said:
bluemoonchick said:

So THATS why I'm single! Some of us women don't have a serious bone in our body and that includes YOU missus! I think we're both too wild for these boys Manda, don't you? x

I think that fact that we're posting messages on a footy forum instead of cleaning toilets/painting toenails, proves that we are not like most women!!!

Maybe thats why we're single - guys just dont understand us cos we're not normal chicks lol

bluemoonchick said:
Bigga said:
A woman wrote those.

I think your being generous with your end summation! I don't think women understand what humour is, as a rule. They can see something that's funny and laugh at something that's funny, but they can't really replicate it. It's 'artificial'. That's why most women that do stand up come across as hollow. Cos they don't actually believe that it's funny.

Stand up comedy is a 'throw yourself to the lions' process and most women fear it and so don't sell themselves to the audience, imo. That's why I like Sommore. Forget the colour of her skin and the natural direction of her comedy, but the fundamental underling thing that gets her through, is that she DOES NOT CARE WHAT YOU THINK!! She does the 'man' thing on her terms.

The best comedians live and die by this method of 'not caring'. Not enough women understand that.

Thing that grimes me about female humour is they don't seem to stray from penis/man/period/boob jokes...and there's only so many you can hear. Sarah Silverman's probably the most famous and even she's shit.

Bigga said:
bluemoonchick said:

I think your being generous with your end summation! I don't think women understand what humour is, as a rule. They can see something that's funny and laugh at something that's funny, but they can't really replicate it. It's 'artificial'. That's why most women that do stand up come across as hollow. Cos they don't actually believe that it's funny.

Stand up comedy is a 'throw yourself to the lions' process and most women fear it and so don't sell themselves to the audience, imo. That's why I like Sommore. Forget the colour of her skin and the natural direction of her comedy, but the fundamental underling thing that gets her through, is that she DOES NOT CARE WHAT YOU THINK!! She does the 'man' thing on her terms.

The best comedians live and die by this method of 'not caring'. Not enough women understand that.

I totally agree, women care too much about what other people think, hence why their always looking in mirror or reading stupid mags to see what the celebs are doing. Its all superficial and hollow - hence why their humour is the same.

Now me, i was brought up on a childhood comdey diet of monty python, marx brothers, laurel and hardy so i havent got a serious bone in my body.

Plus having the personality of a guy trapped in a woman's body helps you learn to see the funny side of life....lol

Simon Le Tom said:
Thing that grimes me about female humour is they don't seem to stray from penis/man/period/boob jokes...and there's only so many you can hear. Sarah Silverman's probably the most famous and even she's shit.

Talking about c*cks and men is fair game, for me. I can take a good put down if it's done really well! Periods and tits are 'meh' as mostly it's for women!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.