How would you feel if this happened?

shaundickov

How would you feel if next year the FA brought in a law which meant that the richest clubs in England were forced to give a percentage of their money to the poorer clubs so that they could buy better players, offer better wages, build better stadiums etc? The idea being that clubs in England are placed on more of an equal footing.

Would you agree with it, or would you think it was unfair on the richest clubs to have to support the poorer clubs?

I would agree with it wholeheartedly. I'd make the percentage a Transfer fee levy of around 5% which is put in a pot which is distributed yearly from bottom to top of the fizzy pop league I.E 35% Div 3, 30% Div 2, Div 1 20%, and 15% to the championship. My only stipulation would be in must go into the club and not the players wallets.

Bluemoon115 said:
Depends on how you define poor club.

Because strictly speaking the rags are the poorest, so I would strongly disagree.

I would define poor club as in clubs with the lowest annual income. The rags have a huge income from sponsorship and all the rest of it, so I wouldn't define them as a poor club. Stockport County are a poor club.

mat said:
I would agree with it wholeheartedly. I'd make the percentage a Transfer fee levy of around 5% which is put in a pot which is distributed yearly from bottom to top of the fizzy pop league I.E 35% Div 3, 30% Div 2, Div 1 20%, and 15% to the championship. My only stipulation would be in must go into the club and not the players wallets.

What I mean is, if the FA forced the richest clubs to put say 45% of their annual income into a pot which is then distributed to every club on a needs basis based on the poorer clubs annual income, ie Yeovil Town gets more than Birmingham City because they are worse off income-wise.

shaundickov said:
mat said:

What I mean is, if the FA forced the richest clubs to put say 45% of their annual income into a pot which is then distributed to every club on a needs basis based on the poorer clubs annual income, ie Yeovil Town gets more than Birmingham City because they are worse off income-wise.

Income or profit?

Most prem clubs cannot break even. That's why I'd propose the levy.

mat said:
shaundickov said:

Income or profit?

Most prem clubs cannot break even. That's why I'd propose the levy.

Profit

As the premier league can, and do, takre no bloody notice of the FA who cares?

I don't think it would work and the Premiership do what the hell they like irrespective of what the FA would like to see happen.

Personally I think there should be a bigger distribution of wealth right across the leagues but that probably isn't going to happen voluntarily.

What might help is to open up the transfer window between Championship clubs and below all year round ie no transfer window for these clubs...this would help the flow of cash between clubs. Also, allow Premiership clubs to buy players from the Championship clubs and below all year round too. Next time a club is short of players and needs them quick (during a closed transfer period) they would have the option of buying from the Championship etc. It might stimulate more cash moving downwards...the only problem I can see is a player being bought for a short period and then being put up for sale again but the selling club would receive cash which it in turn could spend and the player would hopefully increase his salary in the short term. If he moves on the next season, he'll get a signing on fee etc and the selling club (the Premiership side) would probably have to take a loss.

Just an idea!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.