How's your mood after the RM game?

Gutted but happy that this is the level we are now at, disappointed but the sense that we've under achieved a little in not getting past the 2021/22 winners as the current holders shows how far we've come. Context 17 April 1999 I was happy to see on ceefax we'd beaten Gillingham 2-0 away to keep the promotion dream alive from league 1. Give me last night any time please and we go again on Saturday!

Not long back after spending the night in the van. Very proud of the teams performance last night I thought we played well without luck.
Very disapointed to be out obviously, but not with the performance or the fans and that's all you can ask for.

Mood? Entirely positive. One of the most decorated coaches in European football has just said that shutting up shop is the only way for Real Madrid to play City. Let that sink in. 33 shots, nearly 70% possession. Sometimes you win 4-0, sometimes it doesn't work out. Last night it didn't work out.

Eez football.

Gutted but upbeat.
Someone told me today that our Champions League record for the last two seasons is Won 16 Drawn 7 Lost 0. (If you include last night as a drawn match).
Not bad seeing as its the toughest football comp in the world.

Yep

We're a brilliant team and will win it again. I've no doubt we're the best team generally but the best team doesn't always win the knockout competitions. There's nothing over the course of the games this season or last season that says Real Madrid are better than us. That's football, that's why people watch it because its not won and lost on paper.

I do think we need to add a bit more quality before we go again next season to get back to last seasons standards but we're still right there.

I'm sure 2023 won't be our first and last champions league trophy. Even if it is, that's life and we've reached heights most clubs could only dream of. I don't think it will be though, our club is solid. A bit of refining this summer and we'll be off again.

It's a disappointment, but it shows what must be done in this offseason with the squad. Our players were clearly up for the match but seemed physically exhausted, no surprise there. Whether he likes it or not Pep will have to work with a larger squad next season and rotate more. Dedicated left and right backs and a CM such as Kimmich are necessary plus we need to finally replace Sane and Sterling with an injection of pace down the wings. The ability to play more directly at times would be nice.

It may be time to reconsider the Haaland experiment.

Yeah i will be rooting for Leroy to rip them a new one in the semi

Hopefully. Bayern might have had a shit season in the league but they have a lot of quality and I'm sure they will pull themselves together at the thought of winning the CL.

I don't even like the German rags but Real Madrid are shithouses, no better than Atletico in that respect. Ancelotti is not much different to Simeone in teaching his teams to shithouse their way through games. As I said before, it's effective but I'd be embarrassed if we were like that.

It's a disappointment, but it shows what must be done in this offseason with the squad. Our players were clearly up for the match but seemed physically exhausted, no surprise there. Whether he likes it or not Pep will have to work with a larger squad next season and rotate more. Dedicated left and right backs and a CM such as Kimmich are necessary plus we need to finally replace Sane and Sterling with an injection of pace down the wings. The ability to play more directly at times would be nice.

It may be time to reconsider the Haaland experiment.
How can Pep work with a larger squad when all team's squads are limited to the same number?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.