How's your mood after the RM game?

There's nothing to be sorry for regarding the overall performance, but I'm not sure if we had been preparing data and analyzing Madrid's penalty takers and their keeper to give us a scientific edge, or if we were just relying solely on hopes, luck, and emotions at that moment.

Some weird combination of a bit depressed and handling it pretty well. Losing to Madrid in Europe is never a disaster, we played incredibly well for most of the tie and the stuff that isn't quite working I am very positive we will get right next year and be even better. We still are in great positions in the Fa Cup and in the league where both would be tough to take if we don't win them at this stage but on balance I would be pretty happy with just one of them.

On the other hand, the CL run last year really sold me on the competition and it feels like it suddenly got taken away yesterday which is a bit shit and it also annoying to think about the great feeling I had after the Bernabeu and how it was all for nothing in the end.

But we will get another chance next year, hopefully a easier run to the final than the past 2 years and hopefully some new teams to meet rather than bloody Madrid every single year

The disappointment is a bit worse than last night but one should be disappointed about going out of a major competition. Not disappointed in the team though because they gave their all and were the better side in the match.

Frustrated that we have been the best team in Europe for a few seasons now but will end the season with only one UCL to show for that.
Yep, we could of easily had 4 in a row in the CL as well if not for fine margins and circumstances. Outside of Bayern in 2020 we have been the team on the planet for a very long time now.

Makes the one in Istanbul more special for us though I guess

I was annoyed at the end. And immediately switched off TNT to avoid their inevitable celebrations.
Mixed emotions. Proud of the team and the crowd. Loved the way we made them play like Burnley to stay in the game. Results like that (draw at FT) have happened before when we have dominated games (refer Forest last year). Shit happens.

Disappointed but not angry at only scoring one, Kev’s miss and Erling/Jack woodwork attempts stick out. Delighted with Edd’s pen, but gutted winner was scored by the thug.

Absolutely no problem with penalty takers. It’s only a bad pen if the keeper guesses to go where you put it. If keeper had dived, Bernie would be lauded for being the coolest bastard on the planet. Same for Kova. You need balls of steel to volunteer.

As with loads of others, this didn’t feel as bad as other times when we didn’t do enough. Eg Lyon QF, Chelsea.

I think it will galvanise the team for the league. Now THAT will be historic.

Nowhere near as bad as I used to be, if we’ve lost a game like that, you can’t win everything all the time.

On the plus side, that's 1 fewer horrible round trips from s. wales to manchester to deal with mid week

I really felt before yesterday we'd have too much for them. However getting into the ground, something felt off, despite Kev missing his chance I still felt confident until a couple of mins into the 2nd half of ET. Then for some reason I knew inside me it wasn't going to happen

On the other side
1. Who knows what state the squad will be in on saturday, chelsea will be full of confidence they'll be playing a tired and dejected city
2. getting through last night would've given us probably our easiest chance for a few more seasons to claim it again and for that I'm gutted
3. whilst fair play to RM, they dug in and rode their luck, I take no solace from battering RM into behaving like a less effective Brentford

After getting home at 4:30 and eating far too much crap on the journey, today I feel dreadful

I want to get excited for my trip to wembley on saturday, but right now just can't

There's nothing to be sorry for regarding the overall performance, but I'm not sure if we had been preparing data and analyzing Madrid's penalty takers and their keeper to give us a scientific edge, or if we were just relying solely on hopes, luck, and emotions at that moment.
I thought overall we played well and never gave up. But I am still baffled by the first 12 mins when we were totally static with Ederson holding the ball for 15 secs at a clip. Especially given the way we blitzed them in that same period last year. .

I’m alright now. But couldn’t sleep last night. We deserved to win but that’s football. Sometimes the better team doesn’t win. Just worried the extra time will affect us on Saturday. If we win the league it will be a great season, a league and fa cup double would be fantastic. I hate Steve McManaman more than ever as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.