How's your mood after the RM game?

I'm over it already. Win the next two games and it will easily be forgotten. A bit of a pisser missing out though due to the final being at Wembley, as it would have been much easier to get tickets for and to travel to.

100% spot on.

We are so predictable and for me, very easy to defend against.

Pep's obsession with possession is an issue for me, sometimes you need to draw out the opposition then hit them hard on the counter like in the days of Sane, Sterling and Aguero.
And a bit of luck, two stuffy deflected goals at the Bernabau totally changed the game.Even two years ago Rodrygo,s header bounced off him into the only place it could go, they've won it 14 times for a reason it's not normal but of course the pen scribblers eulogise and fawn over them as European royalty. Having said that we weren't clinical enough,Kev had two near misses and found himself twice in good positions in the first half with poor decisions. Additionally the cross for the goal should have been stopped, went through Ruben's legs.
After every disappointment in this competition we've gone on to prevail, sure we will again the chance for a 4peat will not come along again.

100% spot on.

Pep's obsession with possession is an issue for me, sometimes you need to draw out the opposition then hit them hard on the counter like in the days of Sane, Sterling and Aguero.

Pep’s obsession with possession doesn’t seem to have done him much harm throughout his managerial career so far though.

He’s no Klopp or Moyes but he’s done okay

Losses make the wins sweeter.

As much as I want to win everything, it would get a bit boring if we always won everything.

Walking out of the ground and i'd forgotten what it was like to feel the way I did, which speaks volumes for one, but also gave some clarity that it's football, it happens, its why we love it, and you just have to take your medicine and move on.

Only concern is the players morale and their mental/physical energy to pick themselves up and go again. Can't let it derail the season. A league title and FA cup was the stuff of dreams not too long ago. Bring it home.

100% spot on.

I wouldn't have said our performance on Wednesday was easy to defend against. We had 33 shots. Not many clear cut chances but that was more because of Real working so hard to ensure they tracked every run. The one thing we could have done better is that underlapping run into space, but Real sat a lot deeper to avoid it. They're managed by Ancelotti who will have studied what went wrong last time and identified they needed a deeper set position to prevent the space. We didn't make the most of our possession, but it's clearly the best way to play.

If we'd been more open and expansive we'd probably be criticising it because they'd have carved out a lot more opportunities on the counter.

The more possession and control we have the more likely we are to win the game. We lost on penalties, it happens.

The main issue was that we didn't have options to make the most of how dominant we'd been. We had worn them completely down with the constant possession, but we also looked knackered and no one came on who could make the most of the weary legs and extra space.

I'm over it already. Win the next two games and it will easily be forgotten. A bit of a pisser missing out though due to the final being at Wembley, as it would have been much easier to get tickets for and to travel to.

We’ve got the opportunity of winning a league title and Fa cup. Do Liverpool and Arsenal have that today? No.

We have the opportunity of winning an unprecedented 4th title in a row if we go about our business. That **** Masters having to come out onto our pitch to hand the trophy to us again and watch him squirm is motivation enough for our lot to start running through walls from now till the end of the season.

We’ve done this during an indifferent season losing players like Mahrez and Gundo. We’ve had our best player missing for half the season, what this team has achieved with staying power to still be in with a shout in mid April is remarkable.

We now also know Europe is shit scared of us, Madrid with all their flair players had to turn into their chums across the city to play Atletico football against us.

Losses make the wins sweeter.

As much as I want to win everything, it would get a bit boring if we always won everything.

Walking out of the ground and i'd forgotten what it was like to feel the way I did, which speaks volumes for one, but also gave some clarity that it's football, it happens, its why we love it, and you just have to take your medicine and move on.

Only concern is the players morale and their mental/physical energy to pick themselves up and go again. Can't let it derail the season. A league title and FA cup was the stuff of dreams not too long ago. Bring it home.
A lot of us older fans who have experienced the shit end of a scruffy dog seem to bounce back quicker

My lads are still gutted and I mean proper gutted, yet me looking forward to Wembley and hopefully another domestic double.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.