How's your mood after the RM game?

A lot of us older fans who have experienced the shit end of a scruffy dog seem to bounce back quicker

My lads are still gutted and I mean proper gutted, yet me looking forward to Wembley and hopefully another domestic double.

It hurts in the moment but as you say you're soon over it. For anybody supporting us since 2011 it will be a bit of a shock.
For me it was a surprise as I thought we'd beat them. We'd done the hard part in Madrid and I considered them weaker than last season. They dug in,rode their luck and got the result. As that Spanish journalist said nine times out of ten we win that tie

I wouldn't have said our performance on Wednesday was easy to defend against. We had 33 shots. Not many clear cut chances but that was more because of Real working so hard to ensure they tracked every run. The one thing we could have done better is that underlapping run into space, but Real sat a lot deeper to avoid it. They're managed by Ancelotti who will have studied what went wrong last time and identified they needed a deeper set position to prevent the space. We didn't make the most of our possession, but it's clearly the best way to play.

If we'd been more open and expansive we'd probably be criticising it because they'd have carved out a lot more opportunities on the counter.

The more possession and control we have the more likely we are to win the game. We lost on penalties, it happens.

The main issue was that we didn't have options to make the most of how dominant we'd been. We had worn them completely down with the constant possession, but we also looked knackered and no one came on who could make the most of the weary legs and extra space.
Bobb, last 15 minutes.

I am feeling very proud of our team who gave 100% and ran themselves into the ground. I am feeling a sense of pride in myself that I support a team like ours.

Not on a high obviously but not feeling down. Feeling ready for the continued fight for the double. :-)

I support MANCHESTER CITY THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD. :-)

I was desperate for one CL, but the unpredictable nature of cup football can be like last night. For all of their dominance domestically, United only won two in Ferguson's time and they were nine years apart. Then you look at 2016-18 when Real won three-in-a-row; nobody thinks of that team as being an all-time great side. It's just the way it goes sometimes. The great Arsenal and Huddersfield sides of the 1920s and 30s only won one FA Cup each when that cup was the be-all.

I truly believe that it was vital to win the CL once at least and we got the job done in what turned out to be the best season ever performed by an English team. But the true metric of greatness is winning a league title when you're slugging it out week to week. If we get that fourth title in a row then our status as the greatest ever English team is secured.

That is the problem with (or the beauty of) cup competitions, the best team does not always win. Leagues are a better gauge but, even then, I am in the camp that believes the best team does not always win the league but they do very often do so. City’s league record since Pep record in the league is fantastic, particularly since he sorted things out in the first season.

I firmly believe that City remain the best team in Europe and, therefore domestically, but I can’t guarantee we will win the league this season. The players have to dig really deep now to bring home some domestic silverware.

Yep, we could of easily had 4 in a row in the CL as well if not for fine margins and circumstances. Outside of Bayern in 2020 we have been the team on the planet for a very long time now.

Makes the one in Istanbul more special for us though I guess

Istanbul was such a wonderful experience. Special beyond words.

That is the problem with (or the beauty of) cup competitions, the best team does not always win. Leagues are a better gauge but, even then, I am in the camp that believes the best team does not always win the league but they do very often do so. City’s league record since Pep record in the league is fantastic, particularly since he sorted things out in the first season.

I firmly believe that City remain the best team in Europe and, therefore domestically, but I can’t guarantee we will win the league this season. The players have to dig really deep now to bring home some domestic silverware.
Only my opinion but i believe the best (for that season) always wins their league

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.